New Homescooler

Thread: New Homescooler

Unregistered Guest

Default New Homescooler

Hello everyone,
    Mu daughter is starting online school this year with keystone if anyone has any tips or suggestions and any information on making a portfolio that'd be wonderful.

Thank you

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the forums. I think it is important to keep copies of a variety of work for your portfolio. Some examples of written work,a few tests, definitely a list of books read, maybe a book report or two. Oh and a list of field trips with a brief discussion of what was learned on them.

Have you found a local support group yet? To me this is one of the most important things in homeschooling. A local group is much more knowledgeable of what the local school district is looking for.

Best wishes to you on this wonderful journey.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

Unregistered Guest

Default New Student

Hello- Im new to homeschooling and actually have no idea where to start. I'm a 17 year old girl and have completed 2 years of high school already. Im looking for a homeschool self teach program with already prechoosen classes that will result in a high school diploma that wont make me pick out my own classes as I think it will take me too long to complete to finally graduate. I know that Penn Foster has prechoosen classes and you "graduate" when you are done with the program. I'm not sure where to begin or if Penn Foster is a good school. I need a cheap program, no private school programs or anything.

Someone HELP please point me in the right direction.

- A lost girl.