What frustrations do you find homeschooling in Connecticut
    fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Default What frustrations do you find homeschooling in Connecticut

I love homeschooling. Connecticut does not really have any laws regarding homeschooling, only a few guidelines. How strictly these quidelines are followed is really up to the individual school district. For me, none of my frustrations are in regards to the "laws" in Connecticut. I get frustrated with trying to organize activities and other people not following through. When you plan an activity for 30 people and five show up it is frustrating. When 10 families agree that they want to participate in an event but then only 3 families pay for the event, it can be frustrating. Especially if you paid out the money in advance.

So those a some of my frustrations with homeschooling in Connecticut. What things have you found frustrating. Maybe we can help each other figure out how to deal with them.

Kathi

Momma Crystal is offline Senior Member

My biggest frustration right now is the lack of things for kids not of school age yet. My older son is very near kindergarten age so all his friends went off to preschool this year. Now he's the oldest kid at everything we go to. Too bad.

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

I remember when we were in that situation a few years ago. It made for a really hard year. Some homeschool events are open to preschoolers. You just have to search through the listings for group events. Also, indoor play spaces are great. My son could usually find someone to play with at one of those places.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota