Week One Assignment--What Is A Learning Style? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    MamaMary is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CourtneyLWilliams View Post
    Oh, my daughter is very a very tactile / kinesthetic learner. She's also very visual. I know that very often there are or can be multiple learning styles.
    Hi Courtney, I am so glad you're here Can I ask you the same question I asked Jackie? What does that look like in your day to day learning lifestyle? What works exceptionally well and what doesn't?
    Mary, Child of the King of Kings, Jesus Christ! Wife to best friend and Mama to her four boys 91, 96, 00, 02, Homeschooling since 1998! Come visit us on our blog! http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

jpenn is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Listening to music while she studies is a very big help to her. Her location during studying is random--sometimes on the bed, sometimes on the front porch, sometimes on the trampoline... Needs to know or see the whole picture rather than learn sequentially. Tone of voice is important, certain tones can turn her off in a heartbeat. She is very emotional. Her emotions are tied to her learning.

I just finished a blog article this week with info about her being a right brained learner. You might check it out. The link is in my sig.
    Joyfully,
    Jackie

Blog Entries

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by jpenn View Post
    Listening to music while she studies is a very big help to her. Her location during studying is random--sometimes on the bed, sometimes on the front porch, sometimes on the trampoline... Needs to know or see the whole picture rather than learn sequentially. Tone of voice is important, certain tones can turn her off in a heartbeat. She is very emotional. Her emotions are tied to her learning.

I just finished a blog article this week with info about her being a right brained learner. You might check it out. The link is in my sig.
    Jackie, I LOVED your blog post! Loved it. I am going to plant the direct link here incase someone comes in late. They won't have to search for it. I am also going to share it on my support groups facebook page. Excellent stuff! Thank you so much for sharing.

DIRECT LINK TO BLOG POST

Mary, Child of the King of Kings, Jesus Christ! Wife to best friend and Mama to her four boys 91, 96, 00, 02, Homeschooling since 1998! Come visit us on our blog! http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

jpenn is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

You are very welcome, Mary.
    Joyfully,
    Jackie

Lena is offline Member

Hi all,

Just popped on to say my book arrived today, so I will spend some time reading to catch up with you all...

Talk to you later, I have reading to do!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lena View Post
    Hi all,

Just popped on to say my book arrived today, so I will spend some time reading to catch up with you all...

Talk to you later, I have reading to do!
    YAY Lena! I'm so glad it's here! I'm so glad YOU'RE here

Lena is offline Member

I think that my oldest is some combination of the visual and auditory. He is very observant and often knows where something I misplaced is.
    My youngest is definitely a hands on/learn by doing kind of kid.

earthwom is offline Junior Member

I think the way that my highly active 4 year old son learns best is visually. The reason I chose this is because sometimes he can give directions as I drive to a place that he's only been to once before, or if he see's something that we've passed on our way he recalls where we went. (As for ME, I have to actually drive to that location to know how to get back there again!)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by earthwom View Post
    I think the way that my highly active 4 year old son learns best is visually. The reason I chose this is because sometimes he can give directions as I drive to a place that he's only been to once before, or if he see's something that we've passed on our way he recalls where we went. (As for ME, I have to actually drive to that location to know how to get back there again!)
    This is such an excellent observation. It ties in well with Cynthia's closing thoughts on page 7:

"Even though you will find some potentially invaluable checklists and assessments throughout this book, you will also discover that indentifying and understanding individual learning styles is an ongoing journey of observations and impressions. As you read through and begin to use these concepts, keep in mind the following general guidelines:

Observe
    Listen
    Experiment
    Focus
    Learn

I'm so glad your here earthwom.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lena View Post
    He is very observant and often knows where something I misplaced is.
    Hey, I like this child of yours I need one of those

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast