The Cost of a Good Education

View Poll Results: How much does it cost to homeschool your child?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Less than $100 per child, per year

0 0%
  • Between $100 and $250 per child, per year

0 0%
  • Between $250 and $500 per child, per year

0 0%
  • Greater than $500 per child, per year

1 33.33%
  • I have no idea, homeschool is part of life, costs can't be seperated out.

2 66.67%
    MamaToHerRoo is offline Senior Member

Default The Cost of a Good Education

We all know that a good education is priceless. Right?

Well, education may be priceless but it is not free! In this poll the question is, how much is it costing you to homeschool your child. No judgment is made on how much you spend, some people are frugal, some people are extravagant, neither reflects on the quality of the education you are giving your child.

Here are the rules...
    DO NOT include the cost of T4L (We all know how much that is and worth every penny IMHO!)
    DO NOT include cost to feed, clothe, or house the child (You would have to do that regardless of where they were schooled.)
    DO include supplemental material, field trips, new computer, co-ops, or anything else you think is a legitimate homeschool expense.
    Last edited by MamaToHerRoo; 03-17-2010 at 08:47 AM. Reason: forgot to spell check, ack!
    Linda
    Homeschooling one for 8 years and counting!

crstarlette is offline Senior Member

Honestly, I spend quite a bit on curriculum alone for each child, so then to add in the cost of field trips, art supplies, whatever else... I'm sure the number would make me rethink my methods, look for something cheaper, come to the same conclusions and spend the same amount. Unfortunately, I'm not one of those people who has found all the perfect free (plus cost of paper and ink) resources, plus I really like books.

MamaToHerRoo is offline Senior Member

I really like books, too! In fact, I have hesitated to buy the Kindle or other reader because I want the feel of the book. I have to agree also that I can't seem to find all that perfect free stuff. Maybe it is just not perfect for me. At any rate, I'm probably considered a horder because of the piles of books I have hanging around, lol.
    Linda
    Homeschooling one for 8 years and counting!