A List: Delaware Field Trips
    MamaToHerRoo is offline Senior Member

Default A List: Delaware Field Trips

Bombay Hook National Wildlife Refuge
    Bombay Hook is the largest expanse of unaltered tidal salt water marsh in the area. It is a breeding ground for migratory birds and other wildlife.

Check it out! If you have been there, why not tell us what you thought of it??

Nina said:
    I have taken my kids to the Salisbury zoo( Maryland) its not a huge place but they loved it they learned about things. Here is the website if you want to know more about it Visit the Salisbury Zoo, Salisbury, MD - Salisbury Zoological Park

Ok, now that the school year is started, your mind can turn to what else? Field Trips!
    Delaware has quite a number of interesting state parks, more than some states can boast of. The state park system makes it easy to create educational and fun field trips, Delaware State Parks is a great place to begin your adventure.
    I'm going to ask if you would please, please, please post something here regarding state park field trips you have been on, or would like to go on. I will periodically add an informational post or a review of a state park, but I would love to hear from others here. Perhaps a park is near you that you visit regularly, anything would be greatly appreciated. Let's get some buzz going here!!

Linda
    Rep, Moderator, and...
    Homeschooler of one!!
    P.S. I am going to post about a special program at Fort Delaware State Park in a little bit!

Fort Delaware State Park....
    The Fort Delaware state park season has ended (it normally runs from Memorial Day to Labor Day) however, it is still open for night time and school groups. Advance registrations is required, but this is what you could look forward to in September and October....Paranormal Adventures! Is the fort really haunted? Take a three hour tour in the evenings with experienced ghost hunters. The cost is a bit steep in the evenings, but it is possible that the school group sessions might be less costly. It just looks like a lot of fun, but maybe for older children and adults.

Fort Delaware is not the only thing the state parks have to offer though so even if a haunted tour is not up your alley, there is likely to be something available through the state park system.

Educational and nature programs through the Delaware State Park system are numerous and interesting. Start your search of the perfect educational program or nature program at the included link. You can search by grade level, or by the park. Especially for Teachers is quoted directly from the Delaware State Park Website...
    Especially for Teachers:

Many of the school programs available at the Delaware State Parks follow the State of Delaware Science Curriculum framework, and are designed to enrich classroom studies. Programs that follow the curriculum are noted with the name of the appropriate science kit(s).

This sounds cool, right? Education, fun, science...Can it get better than this?? Maybe, but only if you share you experiences about State Park field trips with us!!!