New Homeschool Mom
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By hearthstone_academy

Thread: New Homeschool Mom

Kpritchett Guest

Default New Homeschool Mom

Hello! I've just registered my son for our first year of homeschool. He'll be 5 the begining of September and we've chosen the K5 program with Abeka Academy. I've been doing some reading and says that we are required to keep attendance. How do I do that!? We're in Bridgeville are there any other families close to us?

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi, Kpritchett.

This is the parent forum for families who are using the Time4Learning curriculum. Here is some information about using Time4Learning to homeschool in Delaware.

If you are enrolled in Abeka Academy, are you sure you need to follow your state's homeschool laws? Abeka has two options: homeschooling, where you will need to follow the homeschool laws in your state OR an accredited online school, where the school is responsible for following the school laws in the school's state. If you have chosen the school option, you do not need to worry about any homeschool requirements. You just do what the school tells you to do.

For the record, Time4Learning is not an online school. Time4Learning is a homeschool curriculum, so the parent directs the student's education, follows their state's homeschool laws, and uses the curriculum in the way they feel best benefits their student. Homeschooling offers maximum flexibility to work at a different grade level for each subject, proceed at the student's pace, skip lessons, repeat lessons, and so forth.

Enjoy the journey!
    Robin likes this.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!