A lot of people talk about what their favorite thing is about homeschooling in Delaware.
However, sometimes it is good to vent.
Soooo, my question to you is, what is your least favorite thing about homeschooling in Delaware? Do you have a pet peeve about the regulations, or the reporting, or the registration? Is there a rule or statue that drives you over the edge? I am not asking for responses just to gripe. Sometimes it helps to know what the problems are for other people, so that you can avoid those problems yourself.
I will tell you that the problem I see is...the manditory age. I think 5 years old is too young to make the manditory starting age. While we as homeschoolers know that we are educating before age 5, compulsory attendance at 5 just seems very young. Many states have 7 as the start age, and other states are fighting the lowering of the age.
Please share with us your least favorite thing, or the thing you find most problematic. It just might help one of your fellow homeschoolers avoid a tough situation if they know ahead of time that something might be a problem.

Linda
State Rep
Board Moderator, and...
Homeschooler of one!