Advise needed on suggested curriculum for 2 year old.
    Unregistered Guest

Default Advise needed on suggested curriculum for 2 year old.

Moms and Dads,

I am having trouble choosing from the numerous homeschool curriculum options. My boy will be 2 soon so I am excited to get started. Any suggestions on which homeschool program is best and why?

Thanks for any help,
    Jasmina

lovehmschlg is offline Forum Moderator

Hi, Jasmina.

We've homeschooled going on 13 years now. There are so many curricula to choose from! So it's easy to get overwhelmed in trying to choose. The first years are mostly learning through fun play. You can get a lot of great ideas on hands-on learning for little ones on Pinterest. This is the Time4Learning Pinterest page: Time4Learning.com (time4learning) on Pinterest

If you're not familiar with Pinterest, it's like creating your own magazine of pages you like and want to refer back to. So when you see something you like, you just 'pin' it on your account.

Time4Learning starts at Pre-school, which is fun learning through characters and music. Here are a couple of links:
    Preschool Learning Games - Online preschool activities
    Online Preschool Curriculum - Time4Learning

We love time4learning because my daughter is a very visual learner. I love that the lessons are already planned and that she can work at her own pace. I also love the progress reports. She's a in 4th grade now and is able to work independently a little more. So I'm able to look at her progress report to see how she scored on a lesson or quiz. We can easily repeat a lesson as often as needed. And I can print the progress reports for our own records. But what I love most is that she is enjoying the lessons!! Never a fuss to do school !

Jasmina, my greatest advise is to do a lot of reading with your son!! It's never too early to start! Foster a love of learning. Let him see you reading for your own pleasure too. They learn by watching....they're little sponges.
    Janet
    enjoying homeschooling and learning with my kids, using T4L and T4W
    blogging our homeschool experiences at The Learning Hourglass