Anyone in Fort Myers area
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Anyone in Fort Myers area

Fort Myers Mom Guest

Default Anyone in Fort Myers area

Looking to find some other Homeschoolers in my area, anyone in the Fort Myers, Sanibel, Cape Coral area?

*ashley* Guest

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Fort Myers Mom View Post
    Looking to find some other Homeschoolers in my area, anyone in the Fort Myers, Sanibel, Cape Coral area?
    I will be moving to the fort myers area soon,I know this isnt much help but i know some about the area that ive researched as far as field trips and such.The imaginarium hands on museum & aquarium is great! (: We visit alot but now we're moving there,Yay! Good luck to you and me I hope that someone replys to this.Thanks for posting.

lovehmschlg is offline Forum Moderator

Hi, Fort Myers Mom. Sorry, no. We're just east of you, about a couple hours. We're near the Fort Lauderdale area.

Have you gotten connected with a support group in your area? Here is a link to the Florida Parent-Educators Association page where you can find a support group in your area. Just click on your district on the map. I think it may be District 11.

I hope someone replies to you soon in here. I hope to see you around the forums again.

Janet
    Homeschooling 3 (2 high school and 1 elementary using Time4Learning and loving it!)

Fort Myers Mom Guest

Default Welcome Ashley

Quote Originally Posted by *ashley* View Post
    I will be moving to the fort myers area soon,I know this isnt much help but i know some about the area that ive researched as far as field trips and such.The imaginarium hands on museum & aquarium is great! (: We visit alot but now we're moving there,Yay! Good luck to you and me I hope that someone replys to this.Thanks for posting.
    We have been there before. There is many things to do was looking if anyone would like to do some of them together. Welcome to Fort Myers!

Fort Myers Mom Guest

Smile Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by lovehmschlg3 View Post
    Hi, Fort Myers Mom. Sorry, no. We're just east of you, about a couple hours. We're near the Fort Lauderdale area.

Have you gotten connected with a support group in your area? Here is a link to the Florida Parent-Educators Association page where you can find a support group in your area. Just click on your district on the map. I think it may be District 11.

I hope someone replies to you soon in here. I hope to see you around the forums again.

Janet
    Homeschooling 3 (2 high school and 1 elementary using Time4Learning and loving it!)
    Thank you for the information!

lovehmschlg is offline Forum Moderator

You're welcome.

Janet

**Ashley** Guest

We have been there before. There is many things to do was looking if anyone would like to do some of them together. Welcome to Fort Myers!
    We visit alot and I love that there will be so much to do hopefully we can meet and do alot of those things together when we move there(:.Thanks for the welcome(:However,I have just looked over the laws again and I am a little overwhelmed.The laws are so much different in florida compared to our state of nc.I really want to make sure that I do everything right it said you have to be evalualted and theropist have to talk to your kids etc.I think that would be traumatizing for them to talk to a dr. and not know why. Here all we have to do is give them the test ourselves,send them off to be graded and then keep them at our house for year,we also have to have 180 of study.What do you do?I should probably be writing this in a different forum but you've been so kind.You can email if you want to its [email protected] and when i move do i need to notify florida too?So confused. ~Ashley~

Unregistered Guest

Default Coffee night for homeschooling Mom's

Come have a cup of coffee and talk about new ideas for homeschooling
    Tuesday April 30th 7:00pm Starbucks on Flower call Keisha Wright
    239-333-8601

Hi Keisha, Ashley, Fort Myers Mom
    I have been on time4learning for about 9 months now but am just getting around to the message boards. I too live in Fort Myers. I have been searching for homeschooler associations in the Fort Myers area and found nothing. All the associations that are listed for this area on the parent educator site either no longer exist or their information is seriously out of date so none of them can be contacted. The only association still currently active with regular activities is Southwest Florida Homeschooling Families based in Naples. Anyone in the Collier and Lee County areas are welcome to join, but all of the activities take place in Naples which is about an hour south of Fort Myers. I have been a member of this association for about a year and have yet to make it to any activities. If you can afford the gas to constantly make the drive this is a great organization to join. We are contemplating moving to Naples just to be closer to the other homeschooling families. If I could find enough families that homeschool in Fort Myers, I just might consider starting a similar co-op in this area. Let me know if anyone is interested.
    Tricia
    239-849-9719

apendragon68 Guest

Default just started in Lehigh acres

Hi,
    We just started this program this wk. but I home schooled for years. My son is 12 we'd love to get together with other home schoolers.
    Thanks
    AMY
    239 834 3478
    [email protected]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast