anyone homeschooling elementary age in volusia county?
    amyj407 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Cool anyone homeschooling elementary age in volusia county?

Hi everyone! My name is Amy. I am homeschooling my 6-year-old daughter, Marley, and we are interested in finding other homeschooling friends in our area for field trips/play dates.

We love trips to the beach, parks, museums, zoos. We like the Central Florida Zoo in Sanford (we have an upcoming homeschooling class there this week), the Arts and Science Museum in Daytona, and the boardwalk area in Daytona. And we are always looking for new adventures! We'll travel as far as Orlando and St. Augustine and everywhere in between.

If there's anyone out there looking to make new friends, please let me know!

Twyla80 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Hello Amy, I have just decided to homeschool my daughter Exoria (Liz) a couple of weeks ago. I am extremely excited about what I have found here at T4L. My daughter will be six in June and so far is only missing the children from her public school. However, she is doing so well with the increase in complexity. We live on the east coast of Volusia county but besides her Girl Scout Troop she doesn't have a lot of friends to connect with. Perhaps we can link up some time over the summer and do a beach trip or something and see how the girls get along.

amyj407 is offline Junior Member Newbie

That sounds great! Email me anytime and we can try setting something up! We look forward to meeting you girls!

[email protected]

elizabethcfl is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default considering homeschooling

Hi Amy! I'm curious how homeschooling is going for you? I also have a 6 year old and am considering homeschooling her. What curriculum are you using? I live in Flagler county but we are planning on moving closer to my husbands job in Ormond. Are there any homeschooling groups in the area you could recommend?

Thanks!