Anyone in Mount Dora / Apopka Area?
    Unregistered Guest

Default Anyone in Mount Dora / Apopka Area?

Hello,

I am a Christian (and imperfect) homeschooling mom of 3 boys age 13, 10, and 4, soon to all have a birthday.

I am going into my 8th year of homeschooling; 6 of which were done in New York state. We have been back in Florida for a year and have had a difficult time finding the same kind of support we enjoyed in upstate NY.

We are interested in meeting other friendly and kind folks who homeschool for field trips, mini-classes (parent led), technology clubs, science labs, etc. When we support each other, the journey is much more enjoyable and much less overwhelming. My boys would love to meet new friends to get together for learning activities or just to have some fun.

grannyo10 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Hi I live off 46 between Mt Plymouth and Sanford. I too started homeschooling in te 80's in NY. Now I homeschool my grandson who is 13 next month full time and my grandsons 6 and 9 part time. I belonged to LEAH in NY. I moved to Fl in 89 and had a good homeschool group but it has been harder now. I am going to try out a group in Sanford area called Near Him Educators(NHE) I heard some good things about them from other homeschoolers and on their website. Maybe we could get together sometime. The boys are close to the same age. I don't have the younger ones all the time but I do set up all their homeschool stuff. and they spend a lot of time here .

grannyo10 is offline Junior Member Newbie

I live near Mt Dora and I homeschool my grandsons. 13, 9,and 6. I homeschooled my children in the 80's and 90's. I also started in NY. I belonged to LEAH(Loving Education at Home). Came back to Fl again in 89. I belonged to FUHE then. Maybe we could get together sometime. The boys are close to same ages. I am going to try out a group in Sanford area called Near Him Educators.

3boysandi is offline Junior Member

Hi
    Thank you so much for responding. I have not checked for a reply in a while.

Yes, we can maybe meet at a park somewhere good for us both. My sons would love to meet other HS'ers. We also belonged to LEAH and I also heard about NHE but have not joined yet. We have moved twice in one year and things have been just a little crazy. I have been hoping to find an academically oriented group that can help fill in needs that are difficult for me like foreign language and science labs. I realize now how good we had it with the dedicated LEAH parents & grandparents doing so much.