Brand New To T4L...question about "timer" and lesson plans
    Unregistered Guest

Default Brand New To T4L...question about "timer" and lesson plans

Hi!

I just signed my 1st grade son up with T4L. I was wondering if someone could explain to me hwt athe 15 minute timer is when he starts a lesson is for and how to determine what/how many lessons I would like him to complete each week. The "schedule" thing is VERY confusing to me.

Thank you in advance!

Deetipton is offline Junior Member

I wanted to bump this up a bit because I am also unsure. We changed curriculum's from Pasco eSchool's Calvert Academy. Everything ran on a very specific (county) time clock. I got used to their structure, but I hated it!!! We were chained to our books. We LOVE T4L so far! I am trying to experiment, and figure out the best ways to get the most out of it for my kids. Any suggestions?

lovehmschlg is offline Forum Moderator

Hello to both of you. I'm sorry I don't know the answer to your question. We've been using T4L for over 4 years now, but we don't use the scheduler. My dd just goes from one lesson to the next. She does about 2 to 3 lessons per day.

Here is a link that may be helpful to you of Hints & Help on using T4L. You will find a link on that page for the Activity Scheduler. That's a video which explains how to generate a plan/schedule for your student.

If that link does not answer your questions, please don't hesitate to call T4L at (888) 771-0914. You'll find that the Support Team are very helpful and friendly. I know it's sometimes easier for me to speak with someone on the phone who can guide me through the process.

I look forward to seeing more of you both around the forums.

Janet
    homeschooling 3 (high school and elementary)

shell0328 is offline Junior Member

I was also confused about the scheduler and the lesson plans, I also am wondering, since I am starting in the middle of the year how to keep him from having to repeat a lot of what they have already learned in class, although in a way I think that a review would be good for him.