Broward County

Thread: Broward County

Eileen L is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Broward County

I am homeschooling 8 yr old little boy and wondered what others do to fill the social gap for their children that not being in school creates. I would like to help my little boy meet some friends for play...
    We are new to Broward

lovehmschlg is offline Forum Moderator

Hi, Eileen. Welcome to T4L and welcome to Broward county. I have been told by friends who have lived in other areas that Broward county has a strong and healthy support for homeschoolers. Joining a support group will give you access to events held, such as spelling bees, geography bees, thanksgiving luncheons, park days, co-op classes, and so much more. There are 2 in Broward I can think of off the top of my head: Broward Homeschool PSG and HEARTS. There is also an athletic homeschool program that meets at various parks once a week throughout South Florida. And if you think your son would be interested in a Drama club, there are a couple of Drama clubs he can join. You can learn about these through any support group you visit. By the way, you don't have to be a member to attend support group meetings. So you can visit different groups until you find a fit that's right for your family. I hope this helps.