Can any current T4L users out there tell me how they kids are "measuring up"?
    Unregistered Guest

Default Can any current T4L users out there tell me how they kids are "measuring up"?

I have heard a lot about Time4Learning and I am really wanting to come over, but I am concerned that the curriculum may not be enough.

I have a 10 year old and an 8 year old and really want to look a this curriculum, but am concerned that it will be complete because it is also stated it can be used a supplementary program.

Will my kids be ok when time to be tested in the various subjects if we use this program solely across the board for their grade level?

Does anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks,
    Danene in Florida

lovehmschlg is offline Forum Moderator

Hi, Danene.

We have used Time4Learning for almost 5 years. The lessons are aligned to state and national standards and each year when I have our daughter tested, she's done very well.

We've been homeschooling our 3 kids 13 years. We've tried many different curricula that have been highly recommended, yet it wasn't a good fit for us. I spent a couple of hundred dollars on a history curriculum once that was too overwhelming. It's still in a box under my bed! So I like to say, try it for a few months. They may love it right away. One may and the other may not. I can tell you why we like T4L. The interactive nature of the learning programs and the instructional videos capture our daughter's attention. I also like that we're given 3 grade levels to work with for each subject. This is great when a student is ahead in one subject area, but maybe a little behind in another. One of the things I like about the program is, for example, with math, if the student gets an answer wrong, the program is prompted to explain the concept in a different way. I like that T4L tracks the students' work. I can view and print the progress reports for my records. If I find that our daughter scored low on a lesson or quiz when she's done her work on her own, we can go back and repeat the lesson together so I can help her get a better understanding. I like that she's learning to work independently when I need her to.

We haven't felt the need to supplement math or Language Arts. I think the lessons for both subjects are strong on their own. We have supplemented science and social studies/history with some good books, educational movies and sometimes a workbook. Some people only supplement in upper elementary and middle school grades. If you want to practice more essay writing or writing mechanics, I recommend Time4Writing one-on-one writing courses taught by certified teachers.

T4L does offer a 14-day money back guarantee. That may be enough time for some to know, especially if you have a child that doesn't like the computer. I truly think 14 days is not enough time to really get the feel for all the program offers. The site is very easy to navigate for the kids and for parents, and there's a lot of great information for parents on the site. If you decide to try it, this link should help you get started after you've signed up.(Hints and Helps for new users)
    You can also take a look at the overview of 5th and 3rd grade, if those are their levels. Just go to Time4Learning home page and look on the tab to the left and scroll down to the bottom. You'll see each level listed there.

I wish you the best in finding the right fit for your family!
    Last edited by lovehmschlg; 09-04-2013 at 02:07 PM.
    Janet
    enjoying homeschooling and learning with my kids, using T4L and T4W
    blogging our homeschool experiences at The Learning Hourglass

Unregistere Guest

Talking T4L opinion

I've just begun homeschooling my 2nd grader. I'm going to use T4L as a the core learning area and then do supplemental learning with books, field trips, and free printable's on the internet. I have known a couple of other families who also homeschool and their kids love the easy to understand lessons and the fun interactive way of learning really keeps them interested without becoming bored. I hope this helps. I would give it a try if I were you. I think your kids will enjoy it and you'll really see them learn. Good Luck on your homeschooling journey!!