considering move to Jacksonville
    Unregistered Guest

Default considering move to Jacksonville

We are considering a move to Jacksonville due to company shutdown. We are moving from a rural midwestern town. I have to say I'm a little intimidated by the safety numbers I look at but I know its not fair to judge all of an area by those numbers. Any suggestions on a good area that the kids can play outdoors? We would like to be on the west side close to Hwy 10 & Hwy 23.

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    We are considering a move to Jacksonville due to company shutdown. We are moving from a rural midwestern town. I have to say I'm a little intimidated by the safety numbers I look at but I know its not fair to judge all of an area by those numbers. Any suggestions on a good area that the kids can play outdoors? We would like to be on the west side close to Hwy 10 & Hwy 23.
    We lived on the west side of Jacksonville for many years. There are some more rural parts off of Normandy or even further south in like Middleburg or Greencove Springs. The westside near Timuquana or Roosevelt is decent and they are really improving the older parts of Riverside.

2boys@home is offline Junior Member Newbie

I have lived on the Westside Jacksonville my entire life. For the past 15 years, we have lived very close to I-10, off of Hwy 23. Chaffee Road is the exit off of I-10 that is mostly populated with neighborhoods and schools, there is also a public library. When you get off of I-10 and head south on Chaffee, there is a neighborhood named Glenn Eagle, very nice, holding value very well and seems to be safe. If you keep going south on Chaffee, you will cross Normandy Blvd and you will then come to 103rd Street. Turn left on 103rd St and there will be a neighborhood on your right named Bent Creek. This is a golf community, beautiful, large homes, with wonderful people and holding value very well. You do not want to venture down 103rd Street past Bent Creek, 5 miles or so down is not so great, but Bent Creek being a golf community has proven itself to not go down in value. If you go back to the intersection where you originally turned right onto 103rd...which was Chaffee...that is actually the same as Hwy 23 when you turn right off of 103rd. Chaffee turns into Hwy 23 at 103rd St, which Hwy 23 is also called Brannenfield Rd. If you take Hwy 23/Brannenfield Rd about 5 miles down, you will come to Argyle Rd, which will be the area of Oakleaf Plantation. This borders Orange Park, Fl, but is only 10 minutes max from I-10. There is many shops, grocery stores, food, schools, library and many neighborhoods that are considered a nice, safe area.
    I know this may sound overwhelming, but if you look up I-10 and Chaffee Rd on a map and take Chaffee Rd south, it turns into Hwy 23 and that is all within 10 miles from I-10. Hope this helps.

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Thank you to [email protected] and the unregistered guest who chimed in! I'm not from the area so I couldn't help, but I hope your great info is helpful to the original poster.
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!

Yca
    Yca is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

My brother lives in Middleburg and loves it there!!
    ~ Yca ~
    (otherwise known as Jess )

Wife to Dave and Mom to Red - 13, The Princess - 11, Fluffyheaded Diva - 6, and Sir Smiley - 3
    Read about our adventures HERE!