Evaluator?

Thread: Evaluator?

bjbutterfly is offline Junior Member

Default Evaluator?

Has anyone used this evaluator or known anyone who has?
    FL Homeschool Evaluations - Florida Certified Teacher/Evaluator, Standardized Test Adminstrator
    I was just wondering? This is my second year HS so I am still learning the ropes. I am also seeing through past posts, that the children don't have to complete the WHOLE curriculum as long as they have learned from last year. I have been stressing myself out like crazy!!! It has been a rough year for both my kids. New diagnosis and meds. My daughter has had JRA for several years now we found out she has other issues as well and she has severe pain and inflammation with her hands. The medication causes memory issues so learning multiplication has been quite the thing for her as well as writing. However, she is getting there and thrives in other areas Our son who is ADHD and High functioning Autistic was having a lot of pain and we finally found out unfortunately he has JRA as well. Thank goodness we have been hs, between drs, and therapies it is a chaotic schedule. We finally got on track a few months ago, but he has had some troubles in lessons as well. So we stop and take our time until we know it I just want to make sure that I am understanding it right as far as finishing at the child's needs.
    Is evaluations for middle school different? They are 3rd and 5th as of now, just don't know if I need to be preparing for something different next year. I didn't think so, but I'm always worried I missed something. Thanks for everyone's support.

lovehmschlg is offline Forum Moderator

Hello, bjbutterfly.

It sounds like you are doing a great job!!

I am not familiar with that evaluator. We have homeschooled 12 years. You are correct in that your student need only show progress from year to year. You should not send test scores, if you test your children. You only need to send a letter from a certified educator indicating that your child was tested or evaluated and they showed progress.

We have had our children evaluated by a homeschool parent who is also a certified educator and experienced in evaluations. We did this all through the elementary years. I think our children were in 7th grade when we started testing instead of evaluations. You can do either test, evaluations, or both. That's completely your choice. We only started testing to help them prepare for testing, since they will have to do it for college. Although my children have tested above average, I have only sent a letter indicating progress. Never test scores. Because we are members of 2 homeschool support groups, we obtained a list of evaluators through them. I'm sure the support groups would've given me the list even if I were not a member, though. As for testing, same thing. A certified educator/homeschool parent arranges the test for all our children together.
    Here is a website that indicates a list of homeschool support groups that I believe are near your area...Marion County?

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Janet
    Enjoying homeschooling our 2 high schoolers and 1 elementary, using T4L and T4W