Everyone in the florida forum is so nice (:
    *ashley* Guest

Default Everyone in the florida forum is so nice (:

My family and I are currently homeschooling in NC.Every time I have a question everyone has been short with me,after reading the forum here in florida I cant believe how nice and helpful everyone is!!This forum is Great!Our family has been considering moving to south florida for the last year and we plan to move this summer.I know that the homeschool laws are a little different in florida so I have to research them some more,My only issue is that we will be moving not knowing anyone and our children wont be able to meet new friends.I also know that there is alot to do in florida as far as museums and such so that gives me a little compfort.(:Thanks to this kind sunshine state.

lovehmschlg is offline Forum Moderator

Hi, Ashley.
    What part of Florida are you moving to? We live near Fort Lauderdale.

There is a very large homeschool community here in Florida. Our family has joined several support groups over the years. Right now we are members of two different support groups. And in our church, I'd say about 90% of families are homeschoolers. That's not the norm, but there are a lot of homeschoolers here.

If you want to find out more about the laws and maybe even look up support groups in the area you are thinking of moving to, you could go to the Florida Parent Educators Association (FPEA).

I look forward to seeing you around the forums. Feel free to ask questions anytime.

Janet
    homeschooling 3 (2 high school & 1 elementary)
    Last edited by lovehmschlg; 01-22-2013 at 10:50 PM.

*ashley* Guest

Quote Originally Posted by lovehmschlg3 View Post
    Hi, Ashley.
    What part of Florida are you moving to? We live near Fort Lauderdale.

There is a very large homeschool community here in Florida. Our family has joined several support groups over the years. Right now we are members of two different support groups. And in our church, I'd say about 90% of families are homeschoolers. That's not the norm, but there are a lot of homeschoolers here.

If you want to find out more about the laws and maybe even look up support groups in the area you are thinking of moving to, you could go to the Florida Parent Educators Association (FPEA).

I look forward to seeing you around the forums. Feel free to ask questions anytime.

Janet
    homeschooling 3 (2 high school & 1 elementary)
    Thank you so much for replying,we are actually moving to the fort myers area.I have noticed that their are a ton of families that homeschool in the area and if not homeschooling i looked at lee virtual schools as well but we're sticking with homeschooling.Here in nc we dont have to have a teacher check to see if they are where they should be we just have to make sure we keep eog's on file for a year in case the state needs to see them.So i will def. check out the laws again i want to make sure we have everything right,I think the best time we should move is summer because it says that you have to close one homeschool if you open another in a different state.T4L is great about this because luckily their out of florida (:Love it.You guys, again..Amazing.I hope that its ok that im in the florida forums altho im in nc i would just like to get the know when i move.Thanks janet.