Going to homeschool our 4th grader - need advice
    chipnme1962 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Going to homeschool our 4th grader - need advice

Hello everyone. We are going to pull our 10 year old out of school at the end of this week due to bullying and lack of concern by school personnel. We are going to begin T4L soon. My question is does he have to be evaluated this year or next year? Do any of you have any suggestions to help ease the process? Thanks for all your help and advice.

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi there, and welcome! You know...I don't know if he would need to do an evaluation this year or not. I would double check with the school board. Has he taken any standardized tests yet this year? If so, that would probably suffice for this year at least. If he does need an evaluation this year, there are several options, based on the florida homeschool laws I found. There is a website for someone that does evaluations that I have seen recommended often. It's here: FL Homeschool Evaluations - Florida Certified Teacher/Evaluator, Standardized Test Adminstrator.

Here is a good Welcome to Homeschooling guide I would recommend; it's useful and full of info, but it's not overwhelming or anything. Also, you might want to check out this Getting Started with Time4Learning Guide to help you learn more about the program and navigating the site.

Hope that helped, at least a little.
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!