Greetings from Pensacola!
    Deidra D. Neal is offline Junior Member

Default Greetings from Pensacola!

Greetings!

My children and I began homeschooling in October 2011. My son is twelve; my daughter will be ten in almost two weeks. Both children were exceptional students in the public school system. However, because of several disruptive changes in our lives, we decided to embark on homeschooling. We were "winging it" somewhat until March 2012, and not doing too badly (except I was so freaked out over what I may have been overlooking in terms of over-all curriculum), when we joined T4L. What a God-send for certain! They love it; I love it; everybody is so very happy.

I think the most fantastic part of homeschooling is how much fun we have! If I had known and been in a position to do this from the beginning, we most certainly would have done so. As it is, I'm very grateful to have this opportunity to be with them each day doing all the wonderful and educational and FUN things we get to do. I'm also grateful to have T4L as the core learning vehicle.

I actually believe my children learn more in one week with our current arrangement, schedule, and extracurricular activites and events than perhaps even a month or even much more in the public school system.

It's good to be here.

Warm regards to fellow homeschoolers,

Deidra

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

What a wonderful introduction, Deidra! Thanks for joining us and telling us a little about your family!

We have been homeschooling since 2005 and while it was a rocky start, we found our groove and haven't looked back. I agree with you...it's so much fun! We have been using T4L for a little more than five years now, and both of my boys (ages 7 and 12) love it.

I'm glad you're here, and I look forward to seeing you around...
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!

MOMA3BOYS Guest

Question Near P'cola

I've been homeschooling my 2 daughters with T4L since November. They are 7 and 10. My 7 year old has completed all of the work in her subjects. Does anyone know what I'm supposed to do now? Is that all the work for the whole year? Does anyone near P'cola ever get together for projects, field trips or just play dates?

Judy Bradley
    Walnut Hill, FL

lovehmschlg is offline Forum Moderator

Hi, Deidra. Welcome to T4L and homeschooling. We've been with T4L 4 years and love it, also. It sounds like you are doing great. Enjoy your homeschooling journey.

Judy, have you called T4L support with your question? You will find that they are very friendly and helpful. I'm not sure I understand if your dd has finished one grade level or more than one grade level. You have access to 3 grade levels. For example, for Language Arts, you may have 2nd, 3rd and 4th grade. You also have Language Arts Extensions, 3 grade levels. So if she is able to work through all of 2nd grade, she can move on to 3rd grade. And she can work at different grade levels in each different subject. For example, my dd is doing 3rd grade work in most of her subjects, but 2nd grade for math.

I don't live near P'cola. You may want to start your own thread on here. Just go to the top, click on State Forums, then Florida and start a forum such as "Live near P'cola?" If you subscribe to the Florida forum, you will receive an email when you get a response to your thread. To subscribe, simply click on "thread Tools".

Hope this helps.

Janet