Hello
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By kassie
  • 1 Post By kassie
  • 1 Post By mamaneedham

Thread: Hello

kassie is offline Junior Member

Default Hello

Hello I'm Kassie, new to homeschooling. We have had a hard time with public school for my son, as he has school phobia. And the school is treating it as a discipline problem. We live in Orange county Florida. I just withdrew him from school today, will be sending in our intent form along with the withdraw form the school gave me. I'm currently looking for non religious curriculum. Any helpful info would be greatly appreciated.

Kassie

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi Kassie, and welcome! Time4Learning is a secular, non-religious curriculum. Take a look at this Getting Started with Time4Learning guide. It's a good resource to learn more about the program, how it works, using lesson plans, etc. And always feel free to ask any questions you have...there are a lot of wonderful members in the boards here, so there's always help and advice to be had. You may also want to check out this Welcome to Homeschooling guide, especially since you are so new to homeschooling.

Good luck, and please keep us posted as to how things are going for you guys!
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!

Thank you for the reply, we are starting our first day today with time4learning. I looked around alot and this was our best choice. Everything we were looking for and a plus is, he is so excited to start.
    bailbrae and Kendra2315 like this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kassie View Post
    Thank you for the reply, we are starting our first day today with time4learning. I looked around alot and this was our best choice. Everything we were looking for and a plus is, he is so excited to start.
    Hi Kassie! I wanted to check in and see how the first day with T4L went? Hopefully it was a success for both you and your son.
    Katie

Yes, it was great.
    bailbrae likes this.

mamaneedham is offline Senior Member

Yea! So glad things are going well! We're happy to have you join us here - Welcome!
    bailbrae likes this.
    Mom to five of the world's most incredible kids, and homeschooling all the way!

"If the schools were perfect, I would still homeschool my children - because it isn't about school. It's about families taking back their children and educating them as they see best. School is only a substitute for the real thing."

Nutrition Curriculum For Homeschoolers at NutritionForHealthyKids.com

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kassie View Post
    Yes, it was great.
    That's great to hear! Looking forward to hearing updates throughout the year!
    Katie