Hello, from Melbourne, FL :)
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Hello, from Melbourne, FL :)

Kendra2315 is offline Junior Member

Default Hello, from Melbourne, FL :)

Hello!

This is my first year homeschooling my six year old son, and with the help of T4L we are LOVING it!! The original plan was to do the FLVS-FT program, but after just two days we knew it wasn't for us. I started researching and came across this site. After doing the demo with my son, we were both pretty excited! I was (still am) too nervous to tackle homeschooling on my own, and this site helps me out so much knowing that I don't have to come up with lesson plans all on my own!

I'm hoping to find others in the area to meet up with for fun at the park, fun and educational field trips, etc!

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi Kendra, and welcome! We have been using T4L for about 5 1/2 years now, and I remember when I first came across the program...the relief and excitement was almost overwhelming, lol. I don't have a lot of success with organization and planning, so having something like T4L feels like a life saver.

I hope that you guys continue to be excited about it! Always ask any questions you may have, and share your experiences with us.
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!

Quote Originally Posted by bailbrae View Post
    Hi Kendra, and welcome! We have been using T4L for about 5 1/2 years now, and I remember when I first came across the program...the relief and excitement was almost overwhelming, lol. I don't have a lot of success with organization and planning, so having something like T4L feels like a life saver.

I hope that you guys continue to be excited about it! Always ask any questions you may have, and share your experiences with us.
    Thanks! I love that families have used this program long term! It helps to put me at ease I was the person who swore I would never homeschool my kids, so now that I am, I feel like I need a 'homeschool for dummies' book!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kendra2315 View Post
    Thanks! I love that families have used this program long term! It helps to put me at ease I was the person who swore I would never homeschool my kids, so now that I am, I feel like I need a 'homeschool for dummies' book!
    That's funny! I said the same thing long, long ago! Lol...and would you believe, there *is* a homeschooling for dummies for book? I bought it (the current version at that time), and what feels like EVERY homeschooling book EVER published, when I first started homeschooling. Reading through them all made me even more nervous than I was when I started, lol!
    Kendra2315 likes this.
    Katie

Unregistered Guest

Default Satellite beach homeschooler

Hi everyone! This is my second year homeschooling my 2 boys. Last year the older one did alpha omega life pac and the younger one was in preschool so i put his curriculum together. The life pacs was great as far as academics go. He is way ahead. However he got bored with just work books. I just started the time for learning today and I hope its as thorough! I am more hands on myself and I feel as if I don't have quite as much control in making sure he is meeting the standards with this program. The younger one is in kindergarten and he didn't like it today and asked me for the work books. It was the first day though so we will continue with it and see if it meets our needs. I just did the schedule organizer and that will give me an idea of what I need to add to the curriculum. Wish me luck with these little men!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hi everyone! This is my second year homeschooling my 2 boys. Last year the older one did alpha omega life pac and the younger one was in preschool so i put his curriculum together. The life pacs was great as far as academics go. He is way ahead. However he got bored with just work books. I just started the time for learning today and I hope its as thorough! I am more hands on myself and I feel as if I don't have quite as much control in making sure he is meeting the standards with this program. The younger one is in kindergarten and he didn't like it today and asked me for the work books. It was the first day though so we will continue with it and see if it meets our needs. I just did the schedule organizer and that will give me an idea of what I need to add to the curriculum. Wish me luck with these little men!
    Good luck! Always feel free to ask any questions you may have, and poke around the rest of boards on this forum to see how other families use T4L.
    Katie

Hello!

Have you considered trying life pac for your younger one since he wants the workbooks and wasn't thrilled with his lessons being on the computer? How did your older one like t4l? We primarily use t4l and then with each chapter in the language arts extensions, we are also doing a lapbook to go along with it. My son is in first grade and the first chapter was on pollution, and the second chapter is on oceans, etc. It works great for my son since he loves doing his work on the computer, but it also gives him some "hands on" time as well Just a suggestion! I hope it all works out for you and your family.

Blog Entries

Hello!

Have you considered trying life pac for your younger one since he wants the workbooks and wasn't thrilled with his lessons being on the computer? How did your older one like t4l? We primarily use t4l and then with each chapter in the language arts extensions, we are also doing a lapbook to go along with it. My son is in first grade and the first chapter was on pollution, and the second chapter is on oceans, etc. It works great for my son since he loves doing his work on the computer, but it also gives him some "hands on" time as well Just a suggestion! I hope it all works out for you and your family.
    That's a great suggestion, Kendra! Thanks for sharing!
    Katie

Unregistered Guest

Hello!

This is my first year homeschooling my six year old son, and with the help of T4L we are LOVING it!! The original plan was to do the FLVS-FT program, but after just two days we knew it wasn't for us. I started researching and came across this site. After doing the demo with my son, we were both pretty excited! I was (still am) too nervous to tackle homeschooling on my own, and this site helps me out so much knowing that I don't have to come up with lesson plans all on my own!

I'm hoping to find others in the area to meet up with for fun at the park, fun and educational field trips, etc!

Hello Kendra, I just started my kids in FLVS-FT program and so far so good but I am interested in learning other options when it comes to homeschooling the kids. I am interested in trying it out for a month with my 4 years old and see if they will be interested in it.
    bailbrae likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hello Kendra, I just started my kids in FLVS-FT program and so far so good but I am interested in learning other options when it comes to homeschooling the kids. I am interested in trying it out for a month with my 4 years old and see if they will be interested in it.

Hi and welcome!
    Katie

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast