Homeschoolers in Sanford or Seminole County - non secular
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Homeschoolers in Sanford or Seminole County - non secular

AnaKate is offline Junior Member

Default Homeschoolers in Sanford or Seminole County - non secular

Hi all, I'm trying to find a local group that is non-secular. While we are Christian, we are not incorporating bible studies in our program. The few groups I have met with are heavy duty and we feel so uncomfortable because we do not add bible studies.

As I mentioned, we are in Sanford and something in the area would be great. Otherwise, county or regional will do.

Thank you!

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

I hope some of our fabulous FL members chime in about their own groups, but in the mean time, here are a couple of sites where you can search for groups that are local to you:

Florida Homeschool Support Groups and Resources

Homeschool World: Florida Homeschool Organizations and Support Groups

Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!

allthingslucky is offline Junior Member Newbie

Hi! I'm not apart of a homeschool group, but we are homeschoolers in Sanford. It would be great to meet up with other families!

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by allthingslucky View Post
    Hi! I'm not apart of a homeschool group, but we are homeschoolers in Sanford. It would be great to meet up with other families!
    Hi and welcome!
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by AnaKate View Post
    Hi all, I'm trying to find a local group that is non-secular. While we are Christian, we are not incorporating bible studies in our program. The few groups I have met with are heavy duty and we feel so uncomfortable because we do not add bible studies.

As I mentioned, we are in Sanford and something in the area would be great. Otherwise, county or regional will do.

Thank you!

Just to be sure, I think you mean you are looking for a secular (non-religious) group?? If so, there's a great Meetup group I'm in called Orlando Homeschoolers and we try to meet up weekly or so with different events/play/social/field trips! I'm in Seminole County as well! I know this post is a year old but if you'd like to join, there we are
    Orlando Homeschoolers (Lake Mary, FL) - Meetup
    lovehmschlg likes this.

Unregistered Guest

Default Seminole county

Hi, I'm also from Seminole county Sanford/Lake Mary area,the link for the Orlando homeschoolers in Meetup it says but don't exist . I will start homeschooling next month with t4l and I'm looking for groups for my kids I have a boy he has Aspergers he's on 3rd grade, a 4yrd old boy and a 3 yr old girl.

Unregistered Guest

Default Homeschool Martial Arts in Sanford Florida

Thank you!
    Hi! Just Wanted to let you know that we have a fantastic, one of a kind martial arts program specifically for homeschoolers! As the parent of a homeschooler myself, I just thought it made sense to offer our traditional night classes, during the day for those that homeschool. Fusion Martial Arts School 407-314-8842 222 Hickman dr. sanford, fl

Unregistered Guest

I am looking for the same , a secular home school group. My daughter is 10 and is in 4th grade and I am withdrawing her from school this week and hoping to find some local groups in the orlando to sandford area

Ceridin

lovehmschlg is offline Forum Moderator

Hello, Ceridin.

This link to Homeschooling in Florida has another link within it to homeschool support groups in different counties in Florida. I hope you'll be able to find one there.

You may also like this great website for Secular Homeschooling.

Also, a brief search on Google gave me this Support Group that describes itself as "a secular homeschool support group for families with liberal political values. They believe in equality for all, regardless of race, gender, religion or sexual orientation."

I hope you find a support group that's a right fit for your family.
    Janet
    enjoying homeschooling and learning with my kids, using T4L and T4W
    blogging our homeschool experiences at The Learning Hourglass

juliecin4 is offline Junior Member

Default Sanford homeschool mom

Thank you!
    Hi, my name is Julie. I'm also in Sanford and I'm homeschooling 2 children address 14 & 9. This is our first year and have been finding it a bit difficult. We are also christian & we've yet to incorporate religion into our curriculum. Please feel free to contact me via email at [email protected] do we can discuss further anything we may want to share. Thank you and hope to hear from you soon.

Julie

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast