Homeschooling in Crystal River, Florida
    dmacanderson Guest

Red face Homeschooling in Crystal River, Florida

I am checking to see if anyone is using time4learning in Crystal River, Citrus County or within 40 miles or so. I am home schooling my daughter Elizabeth (young 10 year old) who is in the 4th, 5th, and 6th grade. She would really like to meet some children in the area. We recently moved from Tampa to Crystal River so she does not know any children yet. Unfortunately I have not found any clubs or other meet up activity groups for her in the area, so we go back to Tampa every week for her sailing team and for music lessons.

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Unfortunately, I am not in your area...but I did want to say hello and welcome. If you poke around the threads on the FL board here, you can find other members to interact with, as well as find links for websites where you might be able to find a group that's more local to you.

Good luck! Looking forward to seeing you around the boards...
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!

lovehmschlg is offline Forum Moderator

Hi! I'm not from your area either, but I want to say hello. I'm not familiar with your area to recommend any support groups. Have you checked the Florida Parent Educators Association (FPEA)? They have a listing of most support groups in all the districts in Florida. You can find a wealth of information at their FPEA web site, or even give them a call and ask them about any support groups in your area. When our teenagers were in elementary school a few years back, FPEA had pen pals. I'm not sure if they still offer that.
    I hope that helps.

Unregistered Guest

Default What did you find

I realize this thread was years ago- but we are in the same boat now in 2016- new to the area, looking for a support group of homeschoolers in Crystal River. What did you find worked these last 4 years?? Please email me [email protected]