Homeschooling in Santa Rosa
    Unregistered Guest

Default Homeschooling in Santa Rosa

Hi,
    We are new to the homeschooling world with our daughter age 11. Just wondering if there are any others out there in our area.

Thanks,
    Katie
    [email protected]

lovehmschlg is offline Forum Moderator

Hi, Katie. I had to look up where Santa Rosa is. You're all the way at the top of the state. I'm closer to the bottom of the state, just south of Fort Lauderdale.
    I hope you get a reply here from someone closer to you. We've been homeschooling here for almost 12 years and are part of a very large homeschool community. It's actually grown considerably since we started. Have you checked out the Florida Parent Educators Association? You may be able to find a local support group close to you at their website. You can even find a pen pal for your daughter, if you like.
    Anytime you have any questions, please feel free to ask. Enjoy your homeschooling journey.

Unregistered Guest

We are also new to homeschooling in Navarre, do you know of any groups for my child to participate to be around other kids?

lovehmschlg is offline Forum Moderator

Hello, Guest. I'm sorry I don't know of any personally. We're closer to Fort Lauderdale. But you can try HSLDA.org. If you look on the right side on their home page, you'll find a link to support groups. You should be able to find a group in your area from there. I also posted a link on my comment above to the Florida Parent-Educators Association where you may also be able to find support groups.

I hope this helps. Welcome to homeschooling and T4L!

Unregistered Guest

Default Homeschool Group in Santa Rosa

You could join the West Florida Homeschool Educational Support group, they have smaller cell groups that get together for field trips/P.E. days. I think it cover Escambia and Santa Rosa counties.

Unregistered Guest

I'm in Panama City which is not too far from Santa Rosa !!

Unregistered Guest

Cool Gulf Breeze 11 yer old Homeschooling

Hi! I have a girl turning 11 in March. She is in the 5th grade. We have been home schooling on our own this year, but were always looking for a good program that didn't center around state testing. I was referred to Time 4 Learning by a lady at my church. She has children of different ages and has been using this program for years. I liked everything she said about it so tried some of the demos with my daughter. She did well on all of them and the ones she got wrong they explained her mistakes. She really enjoyed every subject and said it was stress-free So, right now I am reviewing the program and then will sign up. It is a very good price also. you are welcome to e-mail me and I can help find a home school cell near you. [email protected]. Linda