Jacksonville anyone?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Jacksonville anyone?

Unregistered Guest

Smile Jacksonville anyone?

Hi there! Was just curious if there were any T4L home schoolers in the Jacksonville area? I have a 10 year old son in 5th grade and would love to have some field trip buddies for a meet up at the zoo and around town!

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hi there! Was just curious if there were any T4L home schoolers in the Jacksonville area? I have a 10 year old son in 5th grade and would love to have some field trip buddies for a meet up at the zoo and around town!
    Hi and welcome! Hopefully some of our members will chime in and you guys can connect. In the meantime, make sure you register for the forums so members can send you private messages and contact you that way!

Also, if you poke around the other threads in the florida forum, you'll find links to other sites where you might be able to find local groups.
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!

Unregistered Guest

Default We are near Jacksonville

We are near Palatka, My son is 11, and we are doing 4th/5th grade curriculum. We live about 45 minutes from Orange Park. Planning a field trip to Jacksonville soon, though. We are planning to go to MOSH and the zoo.

I'd register too, but I am technologically challenged and havent figured it out yet. We just joined Time4Learning and I am still learning to navigate it.
    bailbrae likes this.

Carmon H Guest

Smile Green Cove Springs, Fl

Hello,
    We have been using t4l for about a month now. I have a 4th grade girl and a 7th grade boy, 9 and 12. Would love to meet other families in the area.
    I see bailbrae is in Palatka, are you familiar with black hog farms?
    I would love to go on a field trip, maybe there or another place.
    [email protected]

My name is Carmon
    bailbrae likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    We are near Palatka, My son is 11, and we are doing 4th/5th grade curriculum. We live about 45 minutes from Orange Park. Planning a field trip to Jacksonville soon, though. We are planning to go to MOSH and the zoo.

I'd register too, but I am technologically challenged and havent figured it out yet. We just joined Time4Learning and I am still learning to navigate it.
    Welcome! I know you posted this a few weeks ago, but I wanted to see if you had a chance to register for the forums, and if you were still needing some help navigating the site. If so, please feel free to ask! There are specific pages within the site I can point you to for help, if you'd like.
    Katie

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Carmon H View Post
    Hello,
    We have been using t4l for about a month now. I have a 4th grade girl and a 7th grade boy, 9 and 12. Would love to meet other families in the area.
    I see bailbrae is in Palatka, are you familiar with black hog farms?
    I would love to go on a field trip, maybe there or another place.
    [email protected]

My name is Carmon
    Hi Carmen, and welcome! Unfortunately, I'm not in the Palatka area, but the guest who posted under me is! Maybe they, along with some of our other members, will chime back in and you guys connect!

Thanks so much for popping in and introducing yourself. Poke around all the threads here, and always feel free to ask any questions you may have. .
    Katie

Island Girl Guest

Cool I am a neighbor

Hey there...I am a single mom currently homeschooling my 12 year old son who is in 4th grade. We are in the beginning stages of it all and it is a bit over whelming! However, I am very confident we will settle in. I live in Fleming Island, just North of Green Cove Springs. Sure could use some adult communication....sometimes just gets....wow!! Anyone in my neighborhood or there abouts...give me a shout out!

Blog Entries

Hi Island Girl, and welcome! Always feel free to ask any questions you may have, and don't worry about feeling overwhelmed...it happens to all of us, and it does get better! Here is a Welcome to Homeschooling guide you might find helpful, as well as a Hints and Help page that can help you with our site. Poke around the other boards and see who you can meet. Also, if you look around this FL group, you'll find links to sites where you can check for local homeschool groups.

Looking forward to chatting with you more...
    Katie

HorseyMama is offline Junior Member Newbie

We moved to Jax 2.5 years ago, this is our 4th year homeschooling, and we signed up for t4l last week, and while we're still figuring it out, we're enjoying it.

I live on the Westside, out by Baldwin and MacClenny, and north of Starke. We're literally 5 miles inside the Duval County line. My kids are 8 (3rd grade) and 6 (1st grade), and our youngest turned 4 on Halloween and is somewhere between K and 1st grade... LOL
    bailbrae likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HorseyMama View Post
    We moved to Jax 2.5 years ago, this is our 4th year homeschooling, and we signed up for t4l last week, and while we're still figuring it out, we're enjoying it.

I live on the Westside, out by Baldwin and MacClenny, and north of Starke. We're literally 5 miles inside the Duval County line. My kids are 8 (3rd grade) and 6 (1st grade), and our youngest turned 4 on Halloween and is somewhere between K and 1st grade... LOL
    Thanks so much for chiming in! If you need any help at all with the T4L program, please feel free to ask ANY questions you might have. I'm glad you're enjoying it so far. We've used it for almost 6 years now. Hope to chat with you more...
    Katie

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast