Looking for homeschool group or meetings in Keystone Heights or Gainesville area
    Amyamy253 is offline Junior Member

Question Looking for homeschool group or meetings in Keystone Heights or Gainesville area

Hi,
    My family began homeschooling in April of this year. We are learning as we go, but I worry about my boys, ages 9 and 13, not having enough exposure to other children their own ages. My husband and I both work full time. We work on 12 hour shifts so our days off rotate but we would like to find a group that meets in a casual enviroment where the kids can make friends and have some fun. We live a few miles outside of Keystone Heights on the Starke side. If anyone knows of any groups in this are could you please let us know? Thanks

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hey there. Unfortunately I'm not in your area, but here are a few links where you can try and find a group local to you:

Florida Homeschool Support Groups and Resources
    Homeschool World: Florida Homeschool Organizations and Support Groups
    Florida Homeschool Groups, Events, & Activities
    FPEA

Hopefully some of our other members can chime in too...maybe they are local to you or know of a good group...

Also, you can check at your local library. That's how I found my first homeschool group. They were small and not on any websites, but the librarian knew of them. Outside of finding a homeschool group, the library might actually prove useful as far as giving your kids an opportunity to hang out with other children. Many libraries offer reading groups and book clubs, our local library even had some seasonal art projects and craft days.

There's also your local recreation department, if you wanted to look into team sports. My boys play soccer, both in the fall and in the spring. They've made some good friends through soccer, both homeschoolers and public schoolers.
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!

Amyamy253 is offline Junior Member

Sory I was slow to respond but thank you for your help

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Oh no worries, lol. Were you able to find any groups near you?
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!

Unregistered Guest

I live in keystone heights and we home school our 4 children ages 3,6,7 and 10. did you ever find any meet ups locally?