Looking for Sarasota Home Schoolers....
    DonaMoon is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Looking for Sarasota Home Schoolers....

We are somewhat new to Homeschooling, and the Sarasota area. We have a 9 year old son. He would sure like to meet other kids in the area. Are there any park groups?
    Thank You!

lovehmschlg is offline Forum Moderator

Hi! I'm near the Fort Lauderdale area. I just want to welcome you. Hopefully some of our members in Sarasota will reply so you can connect. If you register for the forums, you won't miss any replies. Members can also send you private messages and contact you that way!

Here is a link to our Florida Parent-Educators Association. Once you find your district on the map at the link, you can find several support groups in your area. The FPEA also may have some events listed that are close to you. Another idea to consider and you can find at FPEA is pen-pals.

strumsalot is offline Junior Member

Default Hello

Hi. We just started homeschooling and T4L. I have a nine-year-old too and we live in Lakewood Ranch...he would love to know other kids too. We will be at the Sarasota library for the Lego club the first Monday in August if you want to have the boys meet. If that doesn't work out maybe we can find another place and time!

kelley2387 is offline Junior Member

We new to the Sarasota area as well! My son (almost 8) would absolutely love to find some kids in the area to play with. We haven't had too much luck finding clubs are anything like that, maybe I am not looking in the right place though lol.

magicalmom is offline Junior Member

I lived in Bradenton when I first started homeschooling. I joined a support group which I loved and miss very much. the group organizes feild trips and other activities. Here is the information. SHARE Homeschool Support Group - Florida Support Group

Enjoy!
    Magical mom (Amy)
    homeschooling Elizabeth 13 and Donna 11 (graduated home education in 2012 Vivian)

thanks so much! sorry for the double post! I didn't realize it had to be approved by a moderator before actually posting! I will def. check out the group. Where are you at now in Florida, if you don't mind me asking?

Kelley, I have been trying to decide if I will join SHARE or Learning and Families. Have you contacted either one of those groups yet? My son loves Legos, Pokemon, Beyblades etc. He would love to meet up and play. Maybe we could meet at one of the group meetings for SHARE ... we are in Lakewood Ranch. Where are you guys? It would be great to talk to someone else who uses T4L too!

kristenandkiernan is offline Junior Member

Hi,
    My 7 year old daughter and I are new to the Apollo Beach area and often visit Sarasota because we love the beach there. I haven't had any luck finding groups so please let me know if you are interested in getting the kids together or find a group to join!

Thanks
    Kristen

We would love to meet up at a Lego club or something like that.

I know this is a late reply but I totally forgot about the forum! Lol

Hi, good to here from you! I will check out the library we were going to for that and see if they are still doing it. We did it over the summer but haven't been for awhile. It is the public library on Fruitville Rd. Sometimes the Barnes and Noble on 41 has a Saturday Lego club. Those are cool because you sign up and they give the kids a small lego kit to build. I'll check it out and see if they have another one coming up. We could also meet up at a park or something!