New to Homes Schooling!!!
    Unregistered Guest

Default New to Homes Schooling!!!

Hello My name is Trish and I took my daughter recently out of our public school in Coral Springs area due to several reasoning's but one in particular was she was bullied. My husband and I have thought about doing way beck when our son was being held back but just felt we were incompatible of giving a good learning aspect.

I have fought with both the teacher and principal to have her moved to a different class and it was still happening. I thought about reassigning her but I didn't want to stress her out to make new friends etc. so I came up with this idea did ALOT of research on it and made the plan.

I just wanted to introduce myself and hope I did the right thing. I'm a little concerned sometimes we have great learning days and some not. My husband asked her what she learned today and she couldn't answer him. Dec is probably a bad month to make this rash decision but I felt it was the best plan.

HELP!!!!

I feel very overwhelmed and doubtful but I love her home with me

lovehmschlg is offline Forum Moderator

Hi, Trish.

We're in the Pembroke Pines area. We've been homeschooling 13 years. Our oldest daughter will be graduating this year. Have you looked into homeschool support groups in your area? If you follow that link, you'll see several you can look into. We're members of HEARTS and Broward Homeschool Parent Support Group. That second one and Calvary Chapel are two that I'm familiar with that are in North Broward. You don't have to be a member to attend their meetings. Before joining, I would suggest you attend their meetings and get a better feel for which group would be a better fit for you and your daughter. The Broward PSG group I mentioned has a drama club that your daughter may enjoy. It's a great way to make friends. Also, are you familiar with the homeschool athletic association CHAA Saints? You don't mention how old your daughter is. If she's middle or high school, then there's SFHEAT. So these are a couple of ways she can get some of that extr-curricular activity with other homeschoolers so you can all get connected with homeschool families in your area. You're lucky that the SFHeat meets in Coral Springs. It's quite a drive for us!

I think you'll appreciate that Time4Learning has all the lessons already planned for you. So that's one less thing to worry about. And then there's the progress reports for easy tracking and record-keeping. You'll also find that some of these support groups offer co-ops which you can use to supplement T4L. We've done that in the past with a music or art class. We really love time4learning. My daughter enjoys the interactive lessons (she's a visual learner). I believe once you find your 'groove' and get connected with other homeschoolers, you'll wish you'd homeschooled sooner.
    I know it's the best decision we've ever made for our family!! Our oldest son wasn't homeschooled, and now he wishes he had been. He sees all the opportunities his siblings have, such as more time to explore interests, academics, friendships. He's actually planning to homeschool his children!

Well, I hope to see you around the forums. Here's a link that should help you with Hints and Helps as a new Time4Learning user.
    Enjoy your homeschooling journey!!!
    Janet
    enjoying homeschooling and learning with my kids, using T4L and T4W
    blogging our homeschool experiences at The Learning Hourglass