Like Tree8Likes
  • 2 Post By eltus
  • 3 Post By Unregistered
  • 2 Post By lovehmschlg
  • 1 Post By eltus

Thread: New homeschooler 5th grade, Miami Lakes

eltus is offline Junior Member

Default New homeschooler 5th grade, Miami Lakes

My name is Greysi. My husband and I made the decision to homeschool our daughter lily and this is why we have joined Time 4 learning.
    We would love to meet other parents in the nearby areas who use T4L that we could possibly exchange ideas and take part in activities together. We have two kids. Lily is 10 years old and Reagan is 4. Lily is currently in 5th grade and Reagan is in pre kinder.
    Lily is a kind, energetic, and very happy girl. She giggles constantly and has allloooootttttttttt of questions. We felt a big change in her over the last two years we did not feel comfortable with so this year after considering it for so long we decided to pull her out of school to home school her. She has unique ways of looking at things that we want to nurture and reignite her passion for learning.
    She was very unhappy in school. She hated how they taught math, she was bored in science and well you get the point she really learns at home with us and school was like an upsetting waste of time where she would get all worked up. I would have to go pick her up cause she would get so upset she would throw up. So we have made it official, she can just stay home and I personally can’t wait to cater to her passions.
    We start herT4L curriculum on Monday!
    Thank you for reading my introduction. I look forward to meeting local parents like me for field trips and activities.

Unregistered Guest

Smile Homeschool parent of a 5th grade boy

Hello,
    My name is Helen and I have been homeschooling my 11 year old son since 2nd grade. He went to Kindergarten and First grade in a private Catholic School. We made the decision to homeschool him because we can see he was falling behind. The plan was to get him up to date and then go back once we felt he was advanced enough that he would not need to struggle. But we love homeschooling and the opportunities it brings. Things he would never be able to get in a school setting. We do not use Time 4 learning but have heard wonderful things. I organize a homeschool group that meets in a park in Miami Lakes on Thursday at 10:15 am. You can look us up at meetup.com under homeschool families in Miami Lakes/North Dade.
    JohnEdelson, lovehmschlg and eltus like this.

lovehmschlg is offline Forum Moderator

Hello, Helen and Greysi.

We homeschool three of our 5 kids. Our 2 oldest are adults...then we have 2 in high school grades and one elementary (with Time4Learning). We live in Pembroke Pines, but our church is in Miami Lakes. So we're not too far from you.
    Welcome to time4learning and homeschooling!! So we've been homeschooling 13 years. I hope you two get to meet up. I also want to tell you about our homeschool support group, HEARTS. We have field trips all over, events, play dates and meetings. Hearts meets right off I-75 and Griffin, so it's not a far drive from Miami Lakes. As a matter of fact, Hearts has a meeting this Thursday February 6th at 7pm. Someone from Time4Learning will be speaking for a few minutes to share about T4L with the HEARTS members. They're also taking class pictures of students for their yearbook.

Well, enjoy your homeschool journey!
    Last edited by lovehmschlg; 02-03-2014 at 05:10 PM.
    JohnEdelson and eltus like this.
    Janet
    enjoying homeschooling and learning with my kids, using T4L and T4W
    blogging our homeschool experiences at The Learning Hourglass

eltus is offline Junior Member

Update i did join the miami lakes group and i have attended their play dates at park 3 times but have not been able to meet the homeschool parents.
    i also joined HEARTS and this organization has been wonderful! my daughter participated in the the spelling bee, the mathnasium, the history bee, and field trips. We are currently starting up a gymnastics for home schoolers with this group as well.
    lovehmschlg likes this.

lovehmschlg is offline Forum Moderator

Hi, Greysi! I just found this post. I have met you at HEARTS and just put two and two together. Glad you're doing well and getting connected! Yay!
    Janet
    enjoying homeschooling and learning with my kids, using T4L and T4W
    blogging our homeschool experiences at The Learning Hourglass

Hi my name is Janice I am not in your area, I am in Saint Petersburg but when I read your post (I have a 9yr old daughter) who sounds like she was doing the sames things your daughter was by getting sick and having to be picked up at school. This is our first week with t4l and my daughter is so much happier so far. I hope it keeps up this way. How has it been going for your daughter? My daughter's name is Leah by the way.

Unregistered Guest

Default Nice to meet others in the area that homeschool

Quote Originally Posted by eltus View Post
    My name is Greysi. My husband and I made the decision to homeschool our daughter lily and this is why we have joined Time 4 learning.
    We would love to meet other parents in the nearby areas who use T4L that we could possibly exchange ideas and take part in activities together. We have two kids. Lily is 10 years old and Reagan is 4. Lily is currently in 5th grade and Reagan is in pre kinder.
    Lily is a kind, energetic, and very happy girl. She giggles constantly and has allloooootttttttttt of questions. We felt a big change in her over the last two years we did not feel comfortable with so this year after considering it for so long we decided to pull her out of school to home school her. She has unique ways of looking at things that we want to nurture and reignite her passion for learning.
    She was very unhappy in school. She hated how they taught math, she was bored in science and well you get the point she really learns at home with us and school was like an upsetting waste of time where she would get all worked up. I would have to go pick her up cause she would get so upset she would throw up. So we have made it official, she can just stay home and I personally can’t wait to cater to her passions.
    We start herT4L curriculum on Monday!
    Thank you for reading my introduction. I look forward to meeting local parents like me for field trips and activities.

Hi my name is Arianna and i also live in Miami Lakes and homeschool my children....Ages 4, 6, 9 & 11. I am part of a homeschool group that has been so supportive. It is called south Broward homeschoolers. We go on all sorts of fun field trips.
    Let me know if you'd ever like to attend a field trip with the homeschool group.