new to T4L

Thread: new to T4L

angelcake3669 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default new to T4L

I am new to T4L. My name is Angel. I have one daughter, Emily, who is 10 years old and in fifth grade. She was in public school but was struggling with homework. She has ADD with anxiety. The reason I switched to homeschool was because I requested her tested for a 504 plan to get extra help but the school refused due to her grades being on grade level. As a parent, it is my right to have her tested and it is against the law for them to refuse to do it but I did not press the issue because in the time it would take to get the help she needs, she would still be struggling... It was not worth that.

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi Angel, and welcome! I'm sorry that you and your daughter are having problems with the school system...that stinks. Hopefully homeschooling will turn out to be a great thing for both of you! Here are a couple of links you may want to take a look at:

Welcome to Homeschooling Guide by Time4Learning - This has some good info and may help you as you start homeschooling.

Getting Started with Time4Learning - This is a good way to get a look at the site, and get a feel for navigating through it.

I hope these are helpful. Please always feel free to ask questions you may have, or share your experiences. That's what we are all here for! Looking forward to chatting with you more...
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!