Thread: Newbie

jlizb1 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Newbie

Hi Everyone. My name is Jacqlyn. I have two grandkids who will be starting virtual school. My granddaughter was completely lost in the public school system. She has a learning disability and her teachers never saw to it that she did her work. One teacher actual did her school work for her, at home she has to do the work on her own. My grandson is an honor student and finishes his work quickly, gets bored and then gets in trouble.

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi Jacqlyn, and welcome! Sounds like you have two pretty cool grandkids, who could definitely benefit from homeschooling. When you say they are starting virtual school, do you mean like the state sponsored virtual school? Will they be using Time4Learning with the virtual school?

Looking forward to chatting with you more!
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!

jlizb1 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Yes, the virtual school that is State Sponsored. My granddaughter has dyslexia and they are still testing her because they believe there is something else wrong with her. She has memory laps. At any given time she will know how to do the work and another time it's like this is the first time she is seeing it, and then she will be able to do it at another time. I will have to see if she can do the virtual school and time4learning. My grandson will be able to do both. He will be entering grade 4 but I signed him up for grade 5 like my granddaughter even though he told me to sign him up for grade 6. I know they will be able to do a grade above and a grade below, so if the grade 5 is too easy for him I will let him do the grade 6.

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

That sounds like a great plan! Always feel free to ask any questions you may have here...and please keep us posted with how you guys are enjoying homeschooling!
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!