Orlando, Thinking of Starting T4L for 4th Grade

Default Orlando, Thinking of Starting T4L for 4th Grade

We are in the Orlando area and starting 4th grade. It is our first year homeschooling and we have started with FLVS public school through Connections Academy. So far it is very time consuming and dry, totally not holding her interest. Is anyone else in 4th or 5th who can give me some feedback on how their child is doing in T4L? What is your typical day like, are they enjoying it and getting a great education at the same time? Thanks!

MomsHomeSchool FL Guest

Cool Very Good

Quote Originally Posted by CentralFloridaMom View Post
    We are in the Orlando area and starting 4th grade. It is our first year homeschooling and we have started with FLVS public school through Connections Academy. So far it is very time consuming and dry, totally not holding her interest. Is anyone else in 4th or 5th who can give me some feedback on how their child is doing in T4L? What is your typical day like, are they enjoying it and getting a great education at the same time? Thanks!
    T4L has been a big part of our family for years.My son loves his lessons and when he was tested he was right where he needed to be for his grade level (except math, which isn't his greatest subject)But I too tried FLVS and they are a public school.You are considered to be in public school, you have teachers,counselors and faculty.I have a daughter who is "awaiting classroom placement" and they tell me this could be as far out as 6 weeks.That in itself is unacceptable.My son spends anywhere from 2-4 hours doing his assignments.The only thing I am going to have a problem with is science.I am not rich and I cannot afford to buy all the items needed.Some are "around the house" items but others are not.I think you'll find T4L a very good fit for your family.I too am in the Orlando area and I find the Disney parks have good "learning" experiences as well.Epcot has the worlds( world history and civics), living with the land has behind the seeds which kids learn about the process of growing food for a better planet, and Nemo's adventure has lots of under sea fish and exhibits, where they can learn about sea life ....So Learning is all around us here..Hope the best for you.

Unregistered Guest

Talking Orlando

I just began homeschooling my child too. I would definitely not recommend going through any form of public education homeschooling. I think the reason most of us mom's homeschool is the ability to allow our children to grow and learn at their own pace if that would mean being advanced or maybe needing to take a little more time to learn a specific topic. There are so many great private homeschooling options and even creating your own curriculum that allows your child to not stay stuck in the public school criteria even while homeschooling. We are going to use T4L in accompaniment with some science, art, fieldtrips, and free printable homeschool material from the internet. Hope this helps. Good Luck to you.