Please help?!

Thread: Please help?!

Unregistered Guest

Default Please help?!

hello is there anyone here in Tallahassee or surrounding areas that can help or offer advice. I am new to homeschooling my 6year old daughter. we started in April, due to horrible experiences with daycares and schools. Any help would be greatly appreciated. also if you know of any homeschool groups that we can participate in. thanks.

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    hello is there anyone here in Tallahassee or surrounding areas that can help or offer advice. I am new to homeschooling my 6year old daughter. we started in April, due to horrible experiences with daycares and schools. Any help would be greatly appreciated. also if you know of any homeschool groups that we can participate in. thanks.
    Hi there, and welcome. I'm sorry you had such bad experiences, but it's always cool to hear when other families are giving homeschooling a try!

Unfortunately, I am not in your area. But here are some links where you can look and see if there are some groups that are meeting near you:

Florida Homeschool Support Groups and Resources
    Homeschool World: Florida Homeschool Organizations and Support Groups
    Florida Homeschool Groups, Events, & Activities
    FPEA

Also, I would recommend that you read these two guides. The first, a Welcome to Homeschooling guide, is a good read with lots of great information for new homeschoolers. The second, a Getting Started with Time4Learning guide, is a great resource for learning more about our program, navigating the site, etc.

Hopefully, some of our other wonderful members will chime in here. And always feel free to ask ANY questions you may have.
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!