Plunging into homeschooling mid-year
    Beth C. is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Plunging into homeschooling mid-year

Hi all!
    I'm new to homeschooling. My daughter and I agreed that she'd do better at home than at high school. We'd moved down to FL from PA in September, and she was miserable trying to get used to a different schedule, a new school, and all new students. After having zero motivation on top of being behind in some classes and ahead in others, you can imagine how well the grades were doing.

I'm restarting some of her subjects from the beginning of the school year because she didn't understand any of the math or biology. On the plus side, she can continue in Japanese now, which she took for 2 years in PA and just loved.

If you have any tips for home schooling high schoolers removed mid year, I'd appreciate it.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Plunging into homeschooling mid-year

Hi, Beth! Welcome to the forum!

Time4Learning hosted a webinar awhile back about beginning mid-year. It's available in recorded form on YouTube. Starting to Homeschool Mid-Year

There are also a couple of articles about this on the blog:

Beginning Homeschool Mid-Year

Let's Hear It for the Mid-Year Newbies!

We'd love it if you stuck around to share some of your homeschool adventures here on the forum!

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!