Starting in the middle of the year..need help!
    VibbertFamily Guest

Default Starting in the middle of the year..need help!

We just found T4L and are really excited to begin. My daughter is in Kindergarten this year, but after looking at the lesson plans, we realized that she already knows most of what's covered for kindergarten (at least as far as Language Arts goes). I'm having a hard time figuring out where to start her. I looked through the Kindergarten lessons and generated a schedule through the activity scheduler, however when she goes to start the lesson, it shows all lessons for the year. I saw a spot to enter the lesson you are looking for, but do I need to do that after every lesson? Is there an easier way for her to get to the lessons for that week?
    Thanks!

lovehmschlg is offline Forum Moderator

Hello, I'm sorry you haven't gotten a reply to your answer. I come in here several times a week, but somehow missed your post.
    So let me first welcome you to Time4Learning and homeschooling! We've been using T4L for a little over 4 years and we love it. I never have to fuss with my daughter to do her school. I also have 2 kids in high school and wish I had an online learning program similar to this with quality education.

You have access to 3 grade levels for each subject. So if you find that she is at grade level with math, for example, but above grade level for LA, then you can adjust the grade levels so she works at Kindergarten level with math, and 1st grade with LA. This will help you on how to change grade levels. My daughter is in different grade levels for these 2 subjects, as well. I love the flexibility of working at our own pace.
    What we do is follow each lesson in the order on the screen. If she has trouble, she will let me know and I will help her through it. If she has been working alone and I find, after looking at her progress report, that she did poorly, then I enter the lesson number in the activity finder and repeat the lesson with her.

You will find a lot of the links I mentioned above and some other good tips in navigating the T4L site here: Hints and Help
    Please look at the column on your left side of the screen, also. There are a lot of good links, like the Basic Navigation video.

I hope you find these helpful. Please don't hesitate to ask any questions here. We are all here for each other and on the same journey. I'm always happy to help.
    If you need an immediate answer, the staff for T4L is very friendly and helpful. (888) 771-0914

I hope this was helpful. Enjoy your homeschooling journey!!

Janet
    Enjoying homeschooling and learning with our 3 kids, using T4L and T4W