Summer Activities...
    katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Summer Activities...

Hey all! Hope everyone is enjoying their summers so far. Wanted to see what kind of fun summer stuff you guys have planned. Any cool field trips, activities, etc. up your sleeves?

Please share what you guys will be up to this summer!
    Last edited by bailbrae; 06-30-2011 at 10:40 AM.
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!

Blog Entries

For those who may not have anything planned, here are some activities I found going on around the state...

Mondays at the Museum - The Orange County Regional History Center is always a cool place for family fun in the summer! On Mondays, June 13 through August 8, 2011, admission is free for up to four children (ages 12 and under; ages 4 and under always free) with one paid adult admission. This offer is valid only on Mondays, June 13 through August 8, 2011. Not valid with any other offers. Adult supervision of children required. www.thehistorycenter.org
    Bowl for Free - There are 2 great free bowling deals going on this summer, freebowling.amf.com and www.kidsbowlfree.com. Both are good for 2 free games per child per day all summer long. Great deals available for parents to play with them too. Check each site for participating bowling alleys.
    Bass Pro Shop - Your local Bass Pro Shop has free activities for kids everyday this summer. With many different crafts, workshops and activities, you are sure to find something to please the entire family. Check out all the details at www.bassproshops.com.
    $1 Family Movies - Regal and Cinemark Theaters both have $1 family movies every Tuesday and Wednesday at 10:00 am. Parents pay only $1 too. Check the websites for your closest location and movie listing, www.regmovies.com and www.cinemark.com.
    Katie

Blog Entries

By the way... here is the site that I found these things on. It's a great resource for things going on around you. You can just pick your state, then pick your city/area! Most of the states seem to have weekly posts, if not more often, about things that are happening.

National : Macaroni Kid
    Katie

Yca
    Yca is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

We lovelovelove the History Center, but haven't had a chance to get up there yet- soon, I hope!! We're also doing the dollar movies. For the most part, we're watching the doofy Casey Anthony trial and calling it "civics". We slow down a little in the summer but not much ... between the heat and the storms, it isn't fun to play outside.
    ~ Yca ~
    (otherwise known as Jess )

Wife to Dave and Mom to Red - 13, The Princess - 11, Fluffyheaded Diva - 6, and Sir Smiley - 3
    Read about our adventures HERE!

Blog Entries

Yca...I have been watching the trial too, lol. Not every day, but when I can. I know what you mean about the heat. It's why we take longer breaks in the other seasons, so we can actually enjoy the outside.
    Katie

Yca
    Blog Entries

Jury is deliberating now .... this entire city is like ... clenched with anxiety. Its crazy.
    ~ Yca ~

Wife to Dave and Mom to Red - 13, The Princess - 11, Fluffyheaded Diva - 6, and Sir Smiley - 3

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yca View Post
    Jury is deliberating now .... this entire city is like ... clenched with anxiety. Its crazy.
    I know this completely off topic, and I probably should have started another thread, but...

So, now that it's been a couple of days, has the city calmed down a bit? I know Tuesday it seemed like the WHOLE COUNTRY, minus the 12 jurors of course, was just enraged over the verdict. Just wondering what the locals were feeling...
    Katie

Yca
    Blog Entries

its a madhouse here. luckily, we've had no rioting in the streets. but now that we know she'll be out soon, people are going insane. i have no clue what they're going to do with her. she won't survive. people are mad and out for blood. :/
    ~ Yca ~

Blog Entries

Yeah, it's crazy. Hope you guys can stay riot-free and safe...but like you said...with her release coming up, I'm afraid things are going to get nasty. I'm almost as afraid for the jurors, if their identities are ever released. Those 12 people are almost as hated as Casey herself...
    Katie

Yca
    Blog Entries

Yeah - there were people holding signs that said its the jurors that are just as guilty of murder. That's taking it entirely too far. ugh.
    ~ Yca ~