Is T4L enough?

Thread: Is T4L enough?

Beaner is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Is T4L enough?

I've been using T4L for 3 years as a supplement to my curriculum. Well, I'm so tired of paying so much money for this curriculum. My oldest daughter hates doing it. She much rather do T4L. She will be going into 5th grade. My other daughter is starting 1st grade and we did do T4L for her Kindgergarten year. I don't want to pay for 2 curriculums. Not only that they hate all those worksheets and its just a big fight! No fights with T4L

Along with doing some other supplementing for history and science is the T4L enough by itself? I also use the spelling city for the vocab words.

Thanks

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi Beaner! We have been using T4L as our core for 4 years now. My 6th grader has been using it since 2nd grade and my 1st grader has been using it since Pre-K. We also use Spelling City. We don't have any formal supplements, just science experiments, art projects, etc. I know a lot of people are concerned about T4L being enough, but I often wonder if it's because it's just so easy and simple to use, lol. I have NO concerns that my boys are lacking in any way! If you want to compare though, you can compare our Scope and Sequence with that of the other program you are using. I think you'll find that T4L lines up pretty well when compared...
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!

Beaner is offline Junior Member Newbie

Katie,

Thank you very much for your reply. I guess I double guess myself because the people I know that homeschool use all the different curriculums. And yes, it is very easy to use and my girls enjoy doing school. If I dig out the curriculum book my oldest daughter just shuts down. I'm going to use solely T4L for this next year and see how it works out. Thank you very much for help

Katrina

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Katrina, I understand about second guessing, lol! Even though we are completely comfortable with our routine and what/how/when we do things, every now and then I will meet someone or read about someone...I have that split second of "Oh crap, I hope I'm doing this right." It usually passes rather quickly, especially when I look at all my boys learn and do each day.
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!

Yca
    Yca is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Every single time I go to a friend's house and see what they're doing - and it is ALWAYS way more than what we are - I think HOLY COW!! There's no way I'm doing enough! Then, I remember that I am. Obviously, every family has to do what is best for them, but I just can't imagine paying all that money for all those books when we can do it *this* way. The ironic thing is, they all give me this pathetic pitiful look, like I'm not doing enough for my kids. Whatevs - the joke is on them!

We supplement with a lot of writing, a bible study, and lots of extra history studies - because that's what Jack loves to read most about. We read - a LOT - and do book reports on every book we read. And I think iti s different with every kid ... we do extra writing for Jack because he needs it. He really struggles, and writing is non-negotiable.

You have to do what works for YOUR family - educationally, and financially!
    ~ Yca ~
    (otherwise known as Jess )

Wife to Dave and Mom to Red - 13, The Princess - 11, Fluffyheaded Diva - 6, and Sir Smiley - 3
    Read about our adventures HERE!