1. samsgrmom - 04-13-2010, 12:42 PM - permalink
    I live in the Lake City area and I am looking for a teacher or accredited past teacher that can go over
    all school work done for this year for passing into next grade level. Any help would be appreciated.
  2. bailbrae - 04-13-2010, 07:47 PM - permalink
    Hi! Here is a list from your district on the FPEA site. I know it's not really a personal recommendation, but it might be a good place to start until some of the wonderful members here start chiming in!

FPEA District 3
  3. samsgrmom - 04-15-2010, 08:28 PM - permalink
    Thank you bailbrea for replying so promptly I"m still new at this my 1st year and all. But time4learning
    has been a lifesaver I have only had to come up with 7th grade science. Thanks again.
  4. bailbrae - 04-16-2010, 10:18 AM - permalink
    This is my 4th year homeschooling and there are many days when I feel like I could say "I'm still new at this." lol... It does get easier, but you are constantly finding new ways that things/schedules/etc work for your family!

Glad you are here!!
  5. tericared - 05-02-2010, 12:03 PM - permalink
    bailbrae,,,What should we expect from a eval? My daughter is very shy and I am worried about her being drilled for info....
  6. bailbrae - 05-06-2010, 08:28 PM - permalink
    Terica ~

The main thing that evaluators are supposed to look for is "academic progress." This doesn't necessarily mean that they complete a text book or a grade level on T4L. You just need to prove that your child improved. So...if your child finished 75%-80% if a grade level, then that's progress. Fortunately you can print all of your child's reports from T4L so you can show all of the lessons that they did, as well as the grade they made on everything. Something else that may be looked at is your child's skill level. The evaluator shouldn't really compare your child to other children in the same grade level (even though they shouldn't, it could happen), but should compare your child's skill level at the end of the year with their skill level at the beginning of the year.

Hopefully someone in the group can pipe in with a recommendation for an evaluator in your area and they can tell you a little more about what that evaluator looks for.
  7. [email protected] - 07-07-2010, 03:26 PM - permalink
    I had a lot of trouble with this due to budget issues. I finally found an online service that was quick and inexpensive. All I had to do was email samples of my son's work and he had to read to the teacher over the phone. I would definetly reccomend this teacher. FL Homeschool Evaluations - Florida Certified Teacher/Evaluator, Standardized Test Adminstrator
  8. bailbrae - 07-08-2010, 07:34 AM - permalink
    Originally posted by [email protected]:
    I had a lot of trouble with this due to budget issues. I finally found an online service that was quick and inexpensive. All I had to do was email samples of my son's work and he had to read to the teacher over the phone. I would definetly reccomend this teacher. FL Homeschool Evaluations - Florida Certified Teacher/Evaluator, Standardized Test Adminstrator

Thanks!!