Greetings, my name is Zac Serota and I am an undergraduate studying Environmental Engineering at the University of Florida. I am writing this email to inform you about an upcoming event at the University put on by the College of Engineering called E-Fair. The purpose of E-Fair is to encourage k-12 students to study engineering/sciences when they get to college and give them an idea of what it is like to be an engineer/ science major. Below, there is some information about the event. Please forward this to your friends/colleagues as we would like as many attendees as possible.

"I would like to formally invite you to the University of Florida’s Engineering and Science Fair. E-Fair is a two-day event where engineering disciplines present what their field entails and the real life applications of their field. Engineering organizations set up interactive booths where school children can get hands-on experience with science and engineering. Tours are given for students to learn about the College of Engineering and get a closer look at engineering research labs. E-Fair emphasizes the importance of math, science and engineering in the real world and shows how these typically "difficult and boring" subjects are not only necessary in life but also fun and exciting.

E-Fair 2012 will take place on Tuesday, February 21st from 9am-4pm and Thursday, February 23rd from 9am-2pm. We are encouraging high schools to attend on Tuesday as we will also be having a research poster symposium. We are also encouraging that elementary and middle schools attend on the second day of E-Fair. The fair will be taking place in the Reitz Union Grand Ballroom

In order to register to attend E-Fair 2012, please e-mail [email protected]. In the e-mail, please provide the following information:

- School district
- Name of school
- Grade level of students attending
- Date of attendance
- Estimated arrival time
- Estimated departure time
- Interest in engineering tours
- Number of students attending
- Number of buses (for parking)
- Number of cars (for parking)
- Contact name
- E-mail address
- Main phone number
- Phone number for the day of E-Fair

For more information please contact the E-Fair Director, Shaina Rosenauer, at [email protected] or visitwww.ufbec.org/eweek. "

Direct questions to myself or Shaina (the director)

Best Regards and we hope to see you at the swamp,

Zac Serota
University of Florida
College of Engineering
[email protected]