5th grade LA Extension
    Sunniedwards is offline Junior Member

Default 5th grade LA Extension

I'm noticing that in Ch 3 in LAE, every week it is expected to read a book. Is it common to take 2 weeks to complete the lesson instead of one week? This schedule will put us behind but my dd doesn't love to read so asking a book a week may be a lot, being honest

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi. You can select the book units you prefer. Most parents seem to choose the ones that they can easily find books for. The concepts are reviewed elsewhere in the curriculum. You can also take more than one week to finish a book unit. If your child is a reluctant reader, it's most important to make reading fun. Taking the books in bite-sized chunks might be a great idea for her.

The great thing about homeschooling is that YOU are the teacher. You can use the lessons any way that benefits your child.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Sunniedwards is offline Junior Member

Is there a way to change the planner without creating a new planner? I've had to create several planners since we started in November since I don't know how to make changes to the current planner.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

The only edit you can make to an existing plan is to add weekly breaks. The planner is still somewhat new and new features are being added as they are available. Hopefully the ability to edit will arrive soon.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!