5th grade science question
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ruth_Lanton

Thread: 5th grade science question

Ourfamilyof5 is offline Junior Member

Question 5th grade science question

Hi all! My 9 year old is doing 5th grade science. The problem being...everything has an experiment! We're out of room! Our piano is COVERED in science experiments that have to be left sitting for X amount of time 'til completion and just yesterday another science experiment is required...so we're skipping to another unit and coming back! Anyone having a similar problem?? Any suggestions? The quick and easy experiments that are do it and it's done are fine, but the ones that takes days and weeks have got us in a flurry of frustration! Thanks for any help!!

Ruth_Lanton is offline Member

You don't HAVE TO do all the experiments called for in the curriculum. You could simply skip them. Or you could do a google search for videos or blogs of others who have done the same experiment, and learn from watching them as an alternative to doing it all yourself.

That's the cool thing about homeschooling. You can decide just how to use the resources available.
    formerptamom likes this.
    Ruth, single mom to Jack, 13, Hannah, 19, and Leah, 20.

Ourfamilyof5 is offline Junior Member

I do not know why videos didn't occur to me! My MIL and I tag-team the schooling but most of it falls to her (blessedly she keeps our kids while we work!). The science was the only thing throwing us for a loop!! Thank you!!

MamaToHerRoo is offline Senior Member

Ruth, Love your answer! That is exactly what we did. My daughter got really good at finding YouTube videos that applied! Thanks for the great advice.
    Linda
    Homeschooling one for 8 years and counting!