6th grade Science
    rickabaugh.family2227 is offline Junior Member

Default 6th grade Science

Hello! I am new at homeschooling and I picked science, math, English and history for my child. I am confused on what the mandatory science class is for the 6th grade. There were 4 to pick from.... is it no wrong pick???

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hello to you, too! Nothing is mandatory. Time4Learning isn't a school. It's a homeschool curriculum, so the parent is the teacher of record and decides what courses to use. So nothing is mandatory.

Each of the middle school science courses is designed to last a traditional school year . . . except for The Nature of Science, which is designed as a supplement to any other science course. It will last about a term if done every day. If done twice a week, that course will last a traditional school year.

You can choose any of the middle school science courses, in any order. In a traditional school setting, once a student reaches middle school they are usually given some choice of what courses they take. For example, their school might require two years of science, but the student can choose from six science courses to fulfill that requirement. That's the idea here.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Kris S is offline Junior Member

My son is excellent with science and we were able to finish ms earth space science in about 6 1/2 months. Just to give you and idea of the flexibiity you have.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Oh, yes . . . just because it's designed to last a traditional school year doesn't mean your student can't work more quickly and get it done sooner . . . or work more slowly and take two years. It's entirely up to the parent/teacher.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!