7th grade Social Studies Chapter Test Answer Keys
    theonlybloomie is offline Junior Member

Default 7th grade Social Studies Chapter Test Answer Keys

Answer keys exist for lesson quizzes, but I can not find anything for the chapter tests.

I've done a search on the forums and that has not helped either. Do these exist? And if so, where are they?

Thank you.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

The questions for chapter tests are drawn from a large bank of potential questions, so the test will be somewhat different each time it is attempted. For this reason, answer keys do not exist for the older lessons. Sometimes parents post here if they aren't quite sure of the answer to a question, and we figure it out together.

Time4Learning provides a complete math and language arts curriculum, with science and social studies available at most grade levels as a free bonus. All of the free social studies lessons are older, and are not being updated currently.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Thank you for the reply. I also have a student in the high school program and the chapter tests present different questions each time, however there is still an answer key to access.

Is there somewhere that it states the social studies curriculum is old and no longer supported? That is not something I've been made aware of until this post. I did find a post from 2008 with a similar response and expected an improvement 6+ years later. I'm feeling a bit mislead that all the lessons do not have the same support for the parents and that subjects outside of math and language arts are "a bonus" and "free".

I'll bet reviewing how T4L presents its program to find where I missed this information.

Just reviewed the main page of T4L and it consistantly states this is a curriculum that includes all 4 subjects. Nothing that clearly states the science and social studies are a bonus. I'm disappointed that there is not active support for subjects and grades being advertised as part of this curriculum. It was never made clear I was enrolling my child into a program with antiquated support!

Who do I need to escalate my concerns to? I would like to know if there are going to be updates and how these areas will be addressed for my future students.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Yes, that's stated several times on the main site pages. Here's the page about social studies.

Time4Learning recently added all-new middle school science lessons. The older lessons are still available for those who prefer them or were in the middle of something and wish to complete it. Time4Learning is partnering with Science4Us to provide all new science lessons for the lower levels, coming in the first part of February this year. I think that will effectively update the science at all grade levels.

All of the high school social studies courses are updated. You can read about the others on the page I linked you to, above.

Time4Learning uses curriculum developed by Compass Learning Odyssey, who only provides it to schools. Time4Learning leases the curriculum from them, so they can't affect how often lessons are updated. Instead of offering only the courses known to be updated regularly by the developer, Time4Learning decided to base their fees on math and language arts, providing science and social studies for free. When the new middle school science lessons were added, the decision was made to NOT increase the monthly fee (which has remained the same since Time4Learning began over ten years ago). Similarly, when the new lower level science lessons are added in a few weeks, there will be no fee increase, even though all of these science lessons will receive updates and support.

Social studies is a subject area that is updated less often than others, simply because history doesn't change as often as something like science! When updates are made by many publishers, a few chapters are added at the end to address recent happenings or cultural changes influenced by technology. It isn't known when or whether the developer will update the existing social studies lessons, but I've found them of value to my own kids as a free resource.

Hope this helps.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!