8th grade time commitment
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By verymom

Thread: 8th grade time commitment

verymom is offline Junior Member

Default 8th grade time commitment

Hello,

My son is trying to decide between using our regular curriculum or using Time4Learning. Can anyone give me an idea of what the time commitment is for an average day for a student without any learning disabilities or attention issues? I know this will differ widely from child to child, but a rough idea would be great. My son is a self starter and an independent worker and is generally very motivated to complete his schoolwork so he can get on with his day.

With our current set up, he can complete his work in 2-4 hours depending on the course work, so he is able to utilize his mornings for sports and co-op classes (though we realize 8th grade will be more rigorous than 6th and 7th were).

Thank you!

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: 8th grade time commitment

Hi!

You're correct in stating that it varies widely from child to child. Some can write an essay in ten minutes while others will take all morning! But, in general, most students your son's age will be doing online work for 3 or 4 hours. You set the schedule. We have always done our Time4Learning in the morning and left the afternoon free for other things.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

verymom is offline Junior Member

Default Re: 8th grade time commitment

Thank you, that sounds great.