8th grade True North LA lesson
    RobinSJ is offline Junior Member

Question 8th grade True North LA lesson

Good Afternoon!

I've been preparing to use Time4Learning LA Lesson while I wait for our usual TLP to arrive. We did an inner library loan to get the book "True North". My question is, is the whole book online? Was I correct in getting the book? I have read the scope and sequence and can't determine if it is on site.

Next, does anyone know if the vocabulary words are per chapter or do we decide when to introduce them? I'm trying to place them into Spelling City/Spelling Vocab. We are premium members and enjoy this site termendously.

How much daily reading should my son do? Will the program direct him how much to read daily?

Thank you in advance!

RobinSJ

MamaToHerRoo is offline Senior Member

Robin,
    Let me research and I will let you know ASAP!
    Linda
    Homeschooling one for 8 years and counting!

MamaToHerRoo is offline Senior Member

Robin,
    As far as I an tell the entire book is NOT online. However, if 8th grade Language Arts is the same as the 7th grade, enough of the book is online for the student to get an understanding of the book. (I have to qualify this because my daughter asked to skip 8th grade LA and after much ado we decided to give in and see how she did.) The vocabulary will basically be words that are in the sections online that the student is asked to read, so it might not be every vocabulary word that might occur in the entire book. It is possible that there may already be a vocabulary list from this book on Spelling City since a lot of people use both T4L and VSC. All of that being said, if you want your son to read the entire book, it will probably be helpful as he competes all of the lessons, Odyssey Writer, compare and contrast, etc. But it is not necessary to read the entire book to be able to answer the exercises and score well on the quizzes. I hope that helps!
    Linda
    Homeschooling one for 8 years and counting!

RobinSJ is offline Junior Member

Linda, Thank you for much!

I decided to have him read the entire book do to the fact that I watched him start the lesson. The lesson started at chapter 26. That is pretty far into the book. While he is reading the book, he will do an author bio report, learn about story settings, characters ect. He'll also do a Venn diagram set up for contrast and compare. He wrote down the questions and predictions suggested by scope and sequence. That way by the time he is done the book, he can hopefully do the lessons with little problems. I'm wondering Linda if this isn't behind him a bit. I'm seeing that it is easy for him but...........and I say that with a breath of fresh air he tends NOT to focus and he tends to NOT pay attention. With this said the more thourough I am with what he does the more he comprehends due to repetition. Does that make sense?