Any 7th Grade Required Reading?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By hearthstone_academy

Thread: Any 7th Grade Required Reading?

orphandog51 is offline Junior Member

Default Any 7th Grade Required Reading?

In searching the various subjects, I came upon a reference to a book, Platero and I by Juan Rimon Jimenez, that looks like something my student might need to read. Any suggestions or am I incorrect?

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Any 7th Grade Required Reading?

There is only one lesson activity in seventh grade that requires a book not included as part of the program. Of course, you may skip any lesson activities you like.

There are three lesson activities in that lesson. The last lesson activity requires Platero and I. The purpose of that lesson is as follows: Influence of Setting On Problem: Students will determine whether a story describes a location and/or a time, and whether it is specific or general. Students will also note the mood that the setting describes.

Since the first two lesson activities explore the influence of setting on problem, that might be enough to get the idea across . . . without your student also needing to read a book, determine the problem, determine the setting, and decide how the setting is influencing the problem.

I hope this helps you make your decision as to whether to buy/borrow this book or not.
    jodiwilsonrn likes this.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!