Breaks for holidays
    nasja16 is offline Junior Member

Default Breaks for holidays

Hello! I am trying to add breaks for Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc. to my daughter's plan. I went to weekly breaks, however it is only allowing me to select Sundays as an option for any weekly breaks. She has the detailed plan. Can someone please explain to me how to modify this? Also are there chapter test for 8th grade Language Arts because I'm not seeing any in her lesson plans.

Thanks

Natasha

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Breaks for holidays

Hi, Natasha. The activity planner shows how many lesson activities your student needs to do per week to finish what you want him or her to finish in the amount of time you specify. To schedule an entire week off, go back in to the plan you have created and click on Add Weekly Break. Select the Sunday that starts the week you want to take off.

You can go back in to the plan and specify which day of the week each activity needs to be done. Use the dropdown menu at the right of each activity on the list. If you want to take one day off, just don't assign any activities to that day. I go in each weekend and assign specific days to the week's activities for my younger kids, since by then I know if we have any doctor's appointments or something like that coming up that might interrupt our school schedule. I prefer to do it that way than to try and do the whole year at once.

Here is where you can find step-by-step instructions for using the planner.

Eighth grade language has frequent quizzes instead of tests. State simulation tests are mid-year in the curriculum.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Ok. I got that part about assigning the lessons on specific days using the drop down menu. I do that weekly. I usually do it on Sundays so that her week is set. But yes, I was trying to give her the same time off as our school district for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Spring breaks. Thank you for explaining how to incorporate that. Also I am still a little confused about the resources for the Language Arts. I have stories available as a resource for Language Arts, but we don't see these same stories in her Language Arts lessons. Are these optional stories that I can print out and assign her as additional work?

Thanks again

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

What grade level language arts are you looking at? Where are you finding the stories that you have available? If I know this, I can tell you what the stories are for.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

8th grade Language Arts, I'm sorry I though I had mentioned that earlier. The stories I found are under the Resources, then I select Worksheets & Teaching Guides, and then select 8th grade Language Arts, there's 1 file, but when you click on it, then select the Language Arts guide and those are the ones I'm asking about. I hope I'm explaining it where you can understand it.

Thanks,

Natasha