Can a 7th grader retake quiz?
    mjloor is offline Junior Member

Default Can a 7th grader retake quiz?

Hi, I'm using my mom's account and I was wondering if i am allowed to retake a quiz? Ive been on t4l for 2 years now and still don't know if your allowed! I got an 80 which is a B- i think and I would like to know if I can retake it to get a better grade? What happens to the old grade?

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi. You can retake quizzes as many times as you like. The new grade doesn't replace the old grade. It gets averaged in to the total so, in effect, you are receiving the average of all attempts. This is how traditional schools usually do it, so they aren't awarding the same grade to a student who scores well the first time and a student who requires multiple attempts.

In homeschooling, the parent is the teacher of record. There are many, many ways to calculate a grade. A homeschool parent can use the data in the reports to calculate a grade the way they want. Some families print a report and cross off all but the final attempt, leaving all the initial attempts out of the average they calculate for themselves. Others like to "weight" grades, counting quiz and test scores twice. Some generate a report that includes only test scores, and don't include grades from daily work at all.

Another thing to know is that the tests are often different each time they are attempted. A few test questions are pulled from a large list of potential questions.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

mjloor is offline Junior Member

Thanks Kelly!