Completed quiz-assignments not marking as complete
    JJG

Default Completed quiz-assignments not marking as complete

I have read in the forum threads that parents do not have the ability to mark assignments as complete, but that upon completion of quizzes with >80% the prior assignments would automatically be marked as completed. To test this my daughter completed a quiz with 90% score, yet the assignments leading up to that quiz do not show checkmarks. Please advise.

P.S. It would be a great feature to add that ability for parents, even if it was marked with something other than a checkmark to show the parent marked it. (ex. a star symbol or "skipped") On days that my mom babysits I leave work for my daughter to complete, but it makes it easier "visually" for both my mom and daughter to see the progression of the assignments if the previous assignments were marked. I also occasionally do some topics through another book and want to mark them as completed in time4learning. It just helps my daughter feel a better sense off accomplishment when she can look at all the topics and see them completed instead of feeling like there is work left undone.

Thanks!

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Completed quiz-assignments not marking as complete

It's the chapter tests that work that way . . . not the quizzes. I'm not sure if the newer lessons still have that feature. I'll have to try some of the newer material and see if that is still the case.

The marked icons are for student motivation. Parents and tutors should look at the student's report (available within the parent login account/dashboard) to see what they have completed and what scores were achieved.

Time4Learning uses curriculum developed by Compass Learning Odyssey, who only provides it to schools. Time4Learning has acquired a license allowing them to offer it to families and individuals. Time4Learning can't alter the basic design of the curriculum, including how icons are marked (although they do pass suggestions on to Compass). Time4Learning can add tools, though, which is why we have the Activity Planner and other "helps" on the parent dashboard.

Thank you for your comments!

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!