Coordinating LA and LAextensions
    monnalu is offline Member

Default Coordinating LA and LAextensions

I have a really busy summer, so I am trying to get ahead for next year. My student will be in the 4th grade. We used T4L quite a bit this past year, but not exclusively. We will be using it for the entire curriculum except social studies (CA 4th grade is CA history) with a few supplements. I want to coordinate the activities in language arts and language arts extensions, but find it time-consuming to keep flipping back and forth between the listing of the sequences for the two subjects. Has anyone found that they go together--when it is time for reading Sarah, Plain and Tall in one, it is time for it in the other? I mean if you follow the sequences as they are set up. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I could print out both sets of sequences and put them side by side and go from there, and I will do that if I have to--not my preference. I thought if someone else has this figured out, I don't need to re-invent the wheel. Thanks is advance.

MamaToHerRoo is offline Senior Member

This is a great question, and one I don't really know the answer to! I will ask other moderators and see if they know of an easy way to coordinate LA and LAext. I'll let you know if I find out anything

In my homeschool we tend to treat LA and LA extensions (LAX) as seperate courses. By that I mean, usually treated one as grammar, and the other as literature. Sometimes my daughter had lessons in both LA and LAX, and sometimes we did the entire LA then the LAX in the second semester of a year. (We have been using T4L for over 7 years, so we have tried several different ways of doing LA and LAX!)
    Linda
    Homeschooling one for 8 years and counting!